- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Sync not working from iOS
- zionun
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
1 year 6 months ago #9393
by zionun
Sync not working from iOS was created by zionun
Hello, I just set up my library with YACReader and I really like your software. Thanks for your work!
I am running a YACReaderLibraryServer on Ubuntu via Docker image, and updating the library with YACReaderLibrary on macOS. Sync is working perfectly when using the macOS reader.
I also bought the iOS app and, while I can successfully connect to the server and pick up a comic from the last page synced from the macOS YACReader, I cannot seem to update my read status from the iOS app. Whenever I close a comic, the "Loading... synchronizing" indicator appears but then the comic always remains at the last page set by the macOS reader.
I checked the permissions of my Docker image and they should be ok, as I can successfully create a file in the comics folder from inside the Docker image.
Any idea on how I can fix this?
Thanks
I am running a YACReaderLibraryServer on Ubuntu via Docker image, and updating the library with YACReaderLibrary on macOS. Sync is working perfectly when using the macOS reader.
I also bought the iOS app and, while I can successfully connect to the server and pick up a comic from the last page synced from the macOS YACReader, I cannot seem to update my read status from the iOS app. Whenever I close a comic, the "Loading... synchronizing" indicator appears but then the comic always remains at the last page set by the macOS reader.
I checked the permissions of my Docker image and they should be ok, as I can successfully create a file in the comics folder from inside the Docker image.
Any idea on how I can fix this?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #9394
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Sync not working from iOS
I just think the docker container can’t write to disk. Can you try to use touch to create a file from the container in /comics/.yacreaderlibrary
If the volume where the comics are is SMB share in Ubuntu then the cause would be the database not being able to create a lock file, you need to mount the volume using the nobrl option.
If the volume where the comics are is SMB share in Ubuntu then the cause would be the database not being able to create a lock file, you need to mount the volume using the nobrl option.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zionun
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 6 months ago #9395
by zionun
Replied by zionun on topic Sync not working from iOS
Hello,
thank you for your reply.
I can successfully create a file from the container; I used
sudo docker exec YACReaderLibraryServer touch /comics/.yacreaderlibrary/foo
the file "foo" is created with the correct user/group.
I also tried to add the nobrl option to the fstab entry, but the problem still occurs.
thank you for your reply.
I can successfully create a file from the container; I used
sudo docker exec YACReaderLibraryServer touch /comics/.yacreaderlibrary/foo
the file "foo" is created with the correct user/group.
I also tried to add the nobrl option to the fstab entry, but the problem still occurs.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 6 months ago #9396
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Sync not working from iOS
Can you succesfully update the library from the container instead of from macos?
I am going to add some tools/checks to the next version to make all this easier to diagnose.
I am going to add some tools/checks to the next version to make all this easier to diagnose.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zionun
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 6 months ago #9397
by zionun
Replied by zionun on topic Sync not working from iOS
Actually it seems like updating the library from the docker container doesn't work.
I added a few files in the folder and started the update process; it reports the correct number of new comics found, but the db is not updated. Looking at the folders' timestamps, it seems that the main folder ".yacreaderlibrary" gets updated and the "covers" folder gets updated too, but the db file remains with the date of the last successful update.
I added a few files in the folder and started the update process; it reports the correct number of new comics found, but the db is not updated. Looking at the folders' timestamps, it seems that the main folder ".yacreaderlibrary" gets updated and the "covers" folder gets updated too, but the db file remains with the date of the last successful update.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 6 months ago #9398
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Sync not working from iOS
Then the problem is 100% the database not being able to create the lock file, make sure that you are using nobrl correctly or you can also try with nolock
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zionun
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 6 months ago #9399
by zionun
Replied by zionun on topic Sync not working from iOS
It worked with nobrl! I just needed to restart the container after remounting the samba network.
Thank you for your help!
Thank you for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel