- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Transition animations low refresh rate
- Lestat
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 months 1 week ago #9912
by Lestat
Transition animations low refresh rate was created by Lestat
Using Ipad pro - Everything in the app is very smooth, except the page transition animations. It feels like these are at a lower framerate. Any idea why this is and if it can be resolved?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 months 1 week ago #9913
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Transition animations low refresh rate
I'll take a look to confirm, but I don't notice any difference in those animations. Does it happen with all your comics?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Lestat
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
8 months 1 week ago #9914
by Lestat
Replied by Lestat on topic Transition animations low refresh rate
I did try several comics, cbr format, same result. I compared it with "smart comics" reader where the animation seems as expected. It is not like it's a huge difference, but seems slightly off, like the animation is running at a lower framerate. Zooming in or transition between panel within the same image seems fine.
Also, I am using ipadOs 26.2
Also, I am using ipadOs 26.2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 months 1 week ago #9919
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Transition animations low refresh rate
There are two page turn modes you can use: slide and reveal. Does it feel the same if you use reveal?
I wonder if it just feels slower instead of low fps.
I wonder if it just feels slower instead of low fps.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Lestat
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
8 months 1 week ago #9922
by Lestat
Replied by Lestat on topic Transition animations low refresh rate
Hi - I did try the reveal, and although it is less noticable there as it's only sliding away the old page, it feels the same lower fps animation.
Other animations like swipe up or down feel butter smooth, it's something with the sliding animation itself that doesn't feel as smooth.
I did compare it with another comic reader I use, or even in a photo app sliding from image to image feels more smooth.
It's oké if you can't help, I was just wondering if it was something you were aware of or some setting I needed to change. Maybe it's just on my device...
Otherwise, loving the app!
Other animations like swipe up or down feel butter smooth, it's something with the sliding animation itself that doesn't feel as smooth.
I did compare it with another comic reader I use, or even in a photo app sliding from image to image feels more smooth.
It's oké if you can't help, I was just wondering if it was something you were aware of or some setting I needed to change. Maybe it's just on my device...
Otherwise, loving the app!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 months 1 week ago #9923
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Transition animations low refresh rate
I’ll try to find what could it be, I need to measure at what frame ration the animations are happening, I would say they are running at 120fps in my iPad Pro.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel