Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

Setting the reading direction?

  • Glassed Silver
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #1801 by Glassed Silver
Setting the reading direction? was created by Glassed Silver
Hey there,

first off, I'm currently testing the iOS and Mac app after having waited for a proper synching pair of Mac and iOS applications for comic reading.
I was surprised to see that there hasn't been something for so long after the iPad's launch in 2010.
Anyhow, now we have YAC and so far I'm liking it, with some suggestions, but I haven't given it an in-depth spin yet, so there might come a lot more suggestions from this guy. :)

Here's one that bugs me today:
I'd like to set the reading direction. I have a lot of manga and they turn from right to left, so if the animation could be reversed for these comics, that'd be awesome!
Also, this should be reflected by the slider, the page turn buttons and anything that I might have missed.

Cheers :)

PS: This would of course make sense to implement in the Mac application as well.

PPS: A question that probably doesn't warrant its own topic: how does YAC store the meta data (tags, title name, issue number, publisher, etc...)? It probably doesn't save them to the file itself, no?
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Glassed Silver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #1805 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Setting the reading direction?
Welcome to the forum.

The manga mode is something I would like to add, but I didn't have time for doing it yet. It is a must feature for manga readers like you.

In the Mac app you can use the 'reverse order in double page' for mangas.

All the metadata is stored in the hidden folder .yacreaderlibrary. It will create one of these folder for each library. You can find it in your library folder. f.e. /Users/GlassedSilver/MyComics/.yacreaderlibrary

Let me know any other suggestions ;)

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glassed Silver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!