- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 2
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Best Deleting Practices
- phunetik
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
10 years 8 months ago #2035
by phunetik
Best Deleting Practices was created by phunetik
Ok, I apologize upfront if this has been addressed (or if it is an obvious answer and I am an idiot). I looked through the forum and was unable to find what I was looking for.
What is the best way to delete comics form the iPad? I can delete them in the YAC app, but the storage space does not get freed up. SO essentially, I get to a point where I have to wipe my iPad to get everything off. Anyone else have this problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
v/r
What is the best way to delete comics form the iPad? I can delete them in the YAC app, but the storage space does not get freed up. SO essentially, I get to a point where I have to wipe my iPad to get everything off. Anyone else have this problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
v/r
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
10 years 8 months ago #2037
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic Best Deleting Practices
I've been seeing a storage leak too. Even after delete the comics, the free space reported on app Settings tab is larger than on iOS settings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 8 months ago #2042
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Best Deleting Practices
@phunetik, how much storage is leaked? how are you importing comics? If there is a storage leak in the app you only have to delete the app and reinstall it, you don't really need to wipe your iPad.
@Robson, "the free space reported on app Settings tab is larger than on iOS settings.", the difference should be less than 200Mb, and it is because the way YACReader calculates the free space, it just an aproximation. How much free storage reports iOS is up to Apple.
@Robson, "the free space reported on app Settings tab is larger than on iOS settings.", the difference should be less than 200Mb, and it is because the way YACReader calculates the free space, it just an aproximation. How much free storage reports iOS is up to Apple.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
10 years 8 months ago #2045
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic Best Deleting Practices
Yes, Luis!
it's less than 200M:
- 621MB on iOS settings;
- 0.8GB on app settings.
I'm sorry for bother you.
Thank you.
it's less than 200M:
- 621MB on iOS settings;
- 0.8GB on app settings.
I'm sorry for bother you.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 8 months ago #2051
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Best Deleting Practices
Don't worry at all. Getting feedback is the only way I have for knowing if everything is working fine
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- phunetik
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 2
10 years 8 months ago #2053
by phunetik
Replied by phunetik on topic Best Deleting Practices
Well... I essentially have my 64 gb iPad 2 filled with nothing but comics. I import through YAC reader. What I notice is that I can get done with one series (say, Sandman), delete those 75 issues but I am not getting that much free space back. Not a huge deal, but it made me curious. I would hate to have to delete the app every time, as I have so many series on there that I want to read and it takes forever to put the things on there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #2054
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Best Deleting Practices
It definitely sounds like a bug 
Are you deleting a lot of comics at once? try doing small delete batches.
Are you deleting a lot of comics at once? try doing small delete batches.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- phunetik
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 2
10 years 7 months ago #2092
by phunetik
Replied by phunetik on topic Best Deleting Practices
Ok. Will do.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- autopilote
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 6 months ago #9403
by autopilote
Replied by autopilote on topic Best Deleting Practices
im having the same issue on my ipad (latest ios and latest yacreader release). i have a huge collection, mostly organized by folders and deleting things dont seem to make a dent in the ipad storage memory that im seeing.
idk if this is related but the way i load my comics (i also use it for pdf books/comics) is dropping folders into the yacreader app folder directly in the files tab of the ipad finder then using the import function (via usb-c). that process works very well. the only thing i can do is completely delete the app and reload everything minus the things i wanted to remove, but id rather not do that
idk if this is related but the way i load my comics (i also use it for pdf books/comics) is dropping folders into the yacreader app folder directly in the files tab of the ipad finder then using the import function (via usb-c). that process works very well. the only thing i can do is completely delete the app and reload everything minus the things i wanted to remove, but id rather not do that
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 6 months ago #9404
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Best Deleting Practices
This is a 9 years old thread, I don’t think anything here will be related to your issue.
There is a button in the settings to delete any cached content, use it, and then check what the app says about the storage.
There is a button in the settings to delete any cached content, use it, and then check what the app says about the storage.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel