Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

Continuing previous comic

  • kinesia
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #3057 by kinesia
Continuing previous comic was created by kinesia
Hi, long time user!

I used to use a PC and my iPad but since getting an iphone 6 plus I've mostly been reading that, I use landscape mode for single pages and scroll down, the view size is pretty good. Widescreen double pages are a problem, you can read if you put the phone right up to your face and turning to portrait mode and scrolling sidewaise helps a bit, but it's not ideal...
An auto magnification mode just for double pages or seomthing might help, not sure.

But the problem I came here for... _Sometimes_ when I one YacReader it is in the comic I was reading on the right page, this is great and how I always want it to be, but other times it's just back at the root menu. And there's no _pattern_ to when or why, I haven't specifically closed the app, it seems more like the "memory" times out over about 30 minutes, but it's not quite that specific.

Maybe an option in the menu to always continue where it was, or always be on the main menu so people can just choose?


Thanks heaps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • kinesia
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #3073 by kinesia
Replied by kinesia on topic Continuing previous comic
It goes back to the main menu _far_ too often, I have a ton of folders and having to find the one I'm currently reading is a huge pain. If this isn't fixed I'll have to go back to something else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #3074 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Continuing previous comic
What do you mean by root menu? Does the app crash?

What are you doing when this happens?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • kinesia
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #3076 by kinesia
Replied by kinesia on topic Continuing previous comic
By root menu I mean the main list of folders and comics at the top of the directory tree.
It doesn't seem to crash.
I'm in the middle of reading a comic, I press the home buttom to do something else for a little while.
I go back to the app (usually by double clicking home and selecting it from my list of open apps), and a lot of the time it's not in the comic on the page I was reading anymore. Sometimes it is, but often it's left the comic.
It still remembers where I'm up to, but I have to manually reopen the right comic.

At first I thought it was time related, but sometimes it happens straight away.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3080 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Continuing previous comic
The problem here is that YACReader, and any other app can be closed at any moment by iOS if it needs to release resources.

Most apps I use have a limited capability to restore their status after they are closed...

That said, I think it is possible to try to reopen the comic that was opened before closing, but trying to restore the whole drill down navigation status for folders can be tough.

I have a question, is this happening more than usual after any of the latest iOS updates?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • kinesia
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
9 years 5 months ago #3081 by kinesia
Replied by kinesia on topic Continuing previous comic
Yes, it is definitely more often, it didn't used to happen much at all. I'd thought it was timing out, but iOS freeing resources makes sense.
Recently I've also been playing some more resource intensive game like Plants vs Zombies : Heroes.
It might be that that is causing it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!