Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble

Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble 6 years 2 months ago #3613

LobsterJ

Fresh Boarder

Hello! I stealth installed Yacreader 9.0 on my Ubuntu Mate 17.10 i386 with the proper dependency development debian file, and holy cow - it works :) I mean, I shouldn't be surprised at all
Sadly the only thing NOT working is the funky little word balloon logo. It shows up as a circle with line through it, akin to the no smoking symbol. Stlll love it, though! Thanks from Canada

Jason
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble 6 years 2 months ago #3615

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

We changed the icons somewhere between beta and rc1. The new icons are .svg files, which might be the reason why you're not seeing them. Is libqt5svg5 installed on your system?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble 6 years 2 months ago #3621

LobsterJ

Fresh Boarder

checking ...

Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble 6 years 2 months ago #3622

LobsterJ

Fresh Boarder

Selmf, yes, libqt5svg5 is installed (5.9.1-2). It certainly doesn't stop me from enjoying reading comics on yacreader, just (slightly) sad about the lack of logo.

Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble 6 years 2 months ago #3623

selmf

Developer

Hmmm you might want to try forcing an icon cache update:
sudo gtk-update-icon-cache /usr/share/icons/hicolor

If this works I'll add it to the packages as a postinstall command.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by selmf.

Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble 6 years 2 months ago #3624

selmf

Developer

Actually the package already should do an icon cache update upon installation. But doing it once more shouldn't hurt.

If it doesn't help please send me a screenshot so I can have a better look at the problem.

Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble 6 years 2 months ago #3625

LobsterJ

Fresh Boarder

solved! I had the beta installed, not the rc. Once I downloaded the newer version and installed it with Gdebi, everything's fine, including the updated logo. Smart looking stuff, everyone :)

Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble 6 years 2 months ago #3626

selmf

Developer

Ah, that explains it. I should've thought about that :)

Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble 6 years 1 month ago #3791

LobsterJ

Fresh Boarder

selmf, Jason again. Updated my Ubuntu MATE to 18.04 beta - nice new build! trouble for YACREADER, though...

I have both libunarr 1.0.1-1.1_i386.deb and the dev downloaded and ready to use with my 8.5 and 9.0 debian installers. Sadly the libunarr library wouldn't install! there was a problem with the dpkg

dpkg: (in red)error: (then regular colour)unable to read filedescriptor flags for <package status and progress file description>: Bad file descriptor

Aw maaan! now what? I'd love to keep using YACreader :)

Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble 6 years 1 month ago #3792

selmf

Developer

I'm not sure, I'm not running a .deb based system myself. When I still used Debian stuff like this sometimes happened with manually installed packages. You had to reinstall the packages or run a special "fix" command to take care of it, but I don't know if that still applies.