- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
Can't switch between Comic Views
- buddy_spencer
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
8 years 5 months ago #3860
by buddy_spencer
Can't switch between Comic Views was created by buddy_spencer
Hi,
I am on Linux Mint 18.3 and when I try any other view than the standard one, I get a white screen
.
You can see that in the screenshot.
Is there anything I can do?
I am on Linux Mint 18.3 and when I try any other view than the standard one, I get a white screen
You can see that in the screenshot.
Is there anything I can do?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 5 months ago #3861
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Can't switch between Comic Views
This is usually either a missing qt5-declarative package or the installation of qt5 is too old to support the views.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- buddy_spencer
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 5 months ago #3862
by buddy_spencer
Replied by buddy_spencer on topic Can't switch between Comic Views
Any idea what qt5 version I need? And the package name would be good to know aswell.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 5 months ago #3863
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Can't switch between Comic Views
At least Qt 5.6 I think. If you use the packages we provide the qtdeclarative stuff should already be installed as a dependency.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- buddy_spencer
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 5 months ago #3864
by buddy_spencer
Replied by buddy_spencer on topic Can't switch between Comic Views
I used your repo to install it.
It looks like my qt is too old.
It looks like my qt is too old.
Code:
andy@meins ~ $ qmake -v
QMake version 3.0
Using Qt version 5.5.1 in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 5 months ago #3865
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Can't switch between Comic Views
Definitely too old for the info view but I think the grid view should still work. Can you check if "libqt5quick5" is installed on your system?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- buddy_spencer
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 5 months ago #3866
by buddy_spencer
Replied by buddy_spencer on topic Can't switch between Comic Views
Yep, is installed
Code:
andy@meins ~ $ dpkg -l | grep libqt5quick5
ii libqt5quick5:amd64 5.5.1-2ubuntu6 amd64 Qt 5 Quick library
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 5 months ago #3867
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Can't switch between Comic Views
In that case I suggest asking the Mint Community about the best way to install a backported version of Qt on Mint. Qt 5.7 or 5.9 probably would be best.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: buddy_spencer
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- buddy_spencer
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 5 months ago #3868
by buddy_spencer
Replied by buddy_spencer on topic Can't switch between Comic Views
Thank you for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel