- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
YACReaderLibraryServer on Gentoo
- jump
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 years 4 months ago #3922
by jump
YACReaderLibraryServer on Gentoo was created by jump
I've installed YACReaderLibraryServer 9.0.0 on Gentoo 4.16.11 without problems. Made an init script for start/stop and a cronjob for updating the library. So far the YAC server never crashed uses low memory and cpu time. Only one thing doesn't work. On my iPad 2 iOS 9.3.5 there are no covers visible when I browse the library. I can open the comics and read them. On the server side I don't have any files in .yacreaderlibrary/covers. Is this by design ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 4 months ago #3923
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic YACReaderLibraryServer on Gentoo
There is an option to disable the covers in the server to speed up the interface when having too many comics, but this shouldn't be enabled by default. Not having any covers at all certainly is weird. How did you create the library?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jump
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago #3924
by jump
Replied by jump on topic YACReaderLibraryServer on Gentoo
I set the following INI entry. But no luck.
[libraryConfig]
REMOTE_BROWSE_PERFORMANCE_WORKAROUND=false
I created the library with YACLibraryServer create-library iComics /mnt/data/Comics/.
I tried the develop version 9.5.0 and changed VERSION="9.0.0". But no luck either.
If I create a library on High Sierra with YACReaderLibrary 9.0.0 with the same location (AFP to /mnt/data/Comics) and browse with my iPad I see the covers. Then i have jpg files in the cover folder on the server.
When I restart the YACLibraryServer on Gentoo with this covers I don't see them on the iPad.
Any ideas ?
[libraryConfig]
REMOTE_BROWSE_PERFORMANCE_WORKAROUND=false
I created the library with YACLibraryServer create-library iComics /mnt/data/Comics/.
I tried the develop version 9.5.0 and changed VERSION="9.0.0". But no luck either.
If I create a library on High Sierra with YACReaderLibrary 9.0.0 with the same location (AFP to /mnt/data/Comics) and browse with my iPad I see the covers. Then i have jpg files in the cover folder on the server.
When I restart the YACLibraryServer on Gentoo with this covers I don't see them on the iPad.
Any ideas ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 4 months ago #3925
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic YACReaderLibraryServer on Gentoo
Maybe the server doesn't have permission to access these files? Gentoo is a little special as Linux distributions go so I'm not sure.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jump
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago #3926
by jump
Replied by jump on topic YACReaderLibraryServer on Gentoo
The server runs with dedicated user/group ID and this user has full read/write access to the library files. While compiling the server I see the following message over and over again:
../../../include/qt5/QtGui/qtgui-config.h:1: warning: "QT_NO_IMAGEFORMAT_JPEG" redefined
#define QT_NO_IMAGEFORMAT_JPEG false
Maybe a hint ?
../../../include/qt5/QtGui/qtgui-config.h:1: warning: "QT_NO_IMAGEFORMAT_JPEG" redefined
#define QT_NO_IMAGEFORMAT_JPEG false
Maybe a hint ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jump
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago #3927
by jump
Replied by jump on topic YACReaderLibraryServer on Gentoo
Sorry, the message is
../../../include/qt5/QtGui/qtgui-config.h:1: warning: "QT_NO_IMAGEFORMAT_JPEG" redefined
#define QT_NO_IMAGEFORMAT_JPEG true
../../../include/qt5/QtGui/qtgui-config.h:1: warning: "QT_NO_IMAGEFORMAT_JPEG" redefined
#define QT_NO_IMAGEFORMAT_JPEG true
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 4 months ago #3928
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic YACReaderLibraryServer on Gentoo
I'm strongly starting to suspect that this is a problem with your installation of Qt and that the jpg support is broken. That would explain why the server can serve the raw images contained within the comics, but it can not process the cover images.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jump
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago #3929
by jump
Replied by jump on topic YACReaderLibraryServer on Gentoo
Default USE Flags for qtgui on gentoo are:
dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.4-r3:5/5.9::gentoo USE="gif libinput png udev xcb -accessibility -dbus -debug -egl -eglfs -evdev -gles2 -ibus -jpeg {-test} -tslib -tuio -vnc
changed to:
dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.4-r3:5/5.9::gentoo USE="gif jpeg libinput png udev xcb -accessibility -dbus -debug -egl -eglfs -evdev -gles2 -ibus {-test} -tslib -tuio -vnc
And now the covers are generated in the library and visible on the iPad. I think this is a solved issue. Thanks.
dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.4-r3:5/5.9::gentoo USE="gif libinput png udev xcb -accessibility -dbus -debug -egl -eglfs -evdev -gles2 -ibus -jpeg {-test} -tslib -tuio -vnc
changed to:
dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.4-r3:5/5.9::gentoo USE="gif jpeg libinput png udev xcb -accessibility -dbus -debug -egl -eglfs -evdev -gles2 -ibus {-test} -tslib -tuio -vnc
And now the covers are generated in the library and visible on the iPad. I think this is a solved issue. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 4 months ago #3930
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic YACReaderLibraryServer on Gentoo
Glad I could help you. Happy reading!
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel