- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
YACReader Server Administration
- MightyThor460
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
7 years 10 months ago #4354
by MightyThor460
YACReader Server Administration was created by MightyThor460
Hi all!
I will be switching my YACReader library from a Windows environment to a headless Ubuntu server. I dug around on the forum and couldn't find if there was a webgui or if I could control the library remotely from a machine running YACReader Library on the network.
How do you all go about administering your YACReader server?
I will be switching my YACReader library from a Windows environment to a headless Ubuntu server. I dug around on the forum and couldn't find if there was a webgui or if I could control the library remotely from a machine running YACReader Library on the network.
How do you all go about administering your YACReader server?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 years 10 months ago #4357
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Server Administration
What I do is to use YACReaderLibrary with a library in a network shared folder.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ZaibatsuRandom
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 8 months ago #4422
by ZaibatsuRandom
Replied by ZaibatsuRandom on topic YACReader Server Administration
Yeah, I'm interested in the same thing. Currently there's no way of running the Library without an X-Windows interface. In theory you could use a local X-windows server on your desktop and tunnel it through ssh. But that doesn't provide a real server solution, where you can run it as a service under Windows or as a daemon under Linux.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 years 8 months ago #4426
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Server Administration
YACReaderLibraryServer is what you are looking for. It is bundled in the macos and windows installers. You can compile from the source code in linux.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel