- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
Using YACReader to view .png images
- P3ricles
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 years 11 months ago #4888
by P3ricles
Using YACReader to view .png images was created by P3ricles
I have a comic strip archive composed primarily of 800 x 1160 .png images, with a few .gifs and .png files of other dimensions, and while mcomix works okay, it doesn't play gifs or support tagging.
During my search for an alternative, I learned that YACReader can handle both formats, but when I try to open any of the images, the program says it's not supported.
I am installed on KDE Neon 15.x which is a for of Ubuntu 18.04
Is this something I can do? Do I have to build something up?
During my search for an alternative, I learned that YACReader can handle both formats, but when I try to open any of the images, the program says it's not supported.
I am installed on KDE Neon 15.x which is a for of Ubuntu 18.04
Is this something I can do? Do I have to build something up?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 11 months ago #4889
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Using YACReader to view .png images
If you want to open images instead of comic files you have to use the “open folder” action. Just open the folder containing the images as it was a comic.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- P3ricles
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 11 months ago #4890
by P3ricles
Replied by P3ricles on topic Using YACReader to view .png images
Thanks!
hm... this one doesn't play .gifs either.
hm... this one doesn't play .gifs either.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
6 years 11 months ago #4891
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Using YACReader to view .png images
No, playing gifs has been requested but we haven't reached a consens on whether we want to implement that feature. So far we only display static gifs.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ezemori
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
4 years 2 months ago #6954
by ezemori
Replied by ezemori on topic Using YACReader to view .png images
Hi, just download YACReader and trying to solve this same issue.
So once I open it as a folder, Is there any possibility to add the png files to my library?
Thank you.
So once I open it as a folder, Is there any possibility to add the png files to my library?
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 2 months ago #6955
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Using YACReader to view .png images
Just zip those png files and the zip files to the library.
Comics are packed as zip or rar files containing images inside. You can change the extension to cbz to let other apps know it is a comic file.
Comics are packed as zip or rar files containing images inside. You can change the extension to cbz to let other apps know it is a comic file.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: ezemori
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel