Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Invalid Signature

Invalid Signature 4 years 4 months ago #4934

LowVibe75

Fresh Boarder

I'm getting the following error when trying to update from repo:

W: GPG error: download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/selmf/xUbuntu_18.04 Release: The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 3F3411BE43F8BC1F home:selmf OBS Project <home:selmf@build.opensuse.org>
E: The repository 'download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/selmf/xUbuntu_18.04 Release' is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

I've tried running:

wget -nv download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:...tu_18.04/Release.key -O Release.key
sudo apt-key add - < Release.key
sudo apt-get update

But no change. Any ideas?

Cheers,

G
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Invalid Signature 4 years 4 months ago #4935

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

I don't think I ever added a GPG key to the repo so that probably is the problem here. I also haven't updated the packages in a while, so I guess I should look into it.
Until then you probably could do an unsafe update.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Invalid Signature 4 years 4 months ago #4938

LowVibe75

Fresh Boarder

Fair enough, I am guessing Mint update changed the default safe/unsafe settings at some point which is why the error started coming up.

Updating the repo at some point would be good.

Cheers,

G.

Invalid Signature 2 years 3 months ago #6528

adrianvg

Fresh Boarder

Hi all,
Just run a routine system update and ran into this.
Err:15 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/selmf/xUbuntu_20.04  InRelease
The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 3F3411BE43F8BC1F home:selmf OBS Project <home:selmf@build.opensuse.org>
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/selmf/xUbuntu_20.04  InRelease: The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 3F3411BE43F8BC1F home:selmf OBS Project <home:selmf@build.opensuse.org>
E: The repository 'http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/selmf/xUbuntu_20.04  InRelease' is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Seems like an un-safe update is suggested, but am not too keen on doing that, as using non-verified repos is a Bad Thing(tm).

So, is there anything else that can be done?
Like renew the key or some such?

Thanks.

Invalid Signature 2 years 3 months ago #6540

Paxton

Fresh Boarder

Hello. I think I have the same problem with the new Ubuntu 21.10.
- The deb package tells me that the dependencies are not satisfied
- the PPA doesn't want to update for the same reason mentioned above. And I haven't found any way to work around it

Invalid Signature 2 years 3 months ago #6541

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

The GPG key of the repo was expired. I've extended the key and triggered a rebuild so the repos and packages are updated and signed again. Once this has finished it should work again.

If it does not work for you, you might need to update the repo key.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.