- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
Invalid Signature
- LowVibe75
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 years 10 months ago #4934
by LowVibe75
Invalid Signature was created by LowVibe75
I'm getting the following error when trying to update from repo:
W: GPG error: download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/selmf/xUbuntu_18.04 Release: The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 3F3411BE43F8BC1F home:selmf OBS Project
E: The repository ' download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/selmf/xUbuntu_18.04 Release' is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(
manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
I've tried running:
wget -nv download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:...tu_18.04/Release.key -O Release.key
sudo apt-key add - < Release.key
sudo apt-get update
But no change. Any ideas?
Cheers,
G
W: GPG error: download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/selmf/xUbuntu_18.04 Release: The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 3F3411BE43F8BC1F home:selmf OBS Project
E: The repository ' download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/selmf/xUbuntu_18.04 Release' is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(
I've tried running:
wget -nv download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:...tu_18.04/Release.key -O Release.key
sudo apt-key add - < Release.key
sudo apt-get update
But no change. Any ideas?
Cheers,
G
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
6 years 10 months ago #4935
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Invalid Signature
I don't think I ever added a GPG key to the repo so that probably is the problem here. I also haven't updated the packages in a while, so I guess I should look into it.
Until then you probably could do an unsafe update.
Until then you probably could do an unsafe update.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- LowVibe75
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 10 months ago #4938
by LowVibe75
Replied by LowVibe75 on topic Invalid Signature
Fair enough, I am guessing Mint update changed the default safe/unsafe settings at some point which is why the error started coming up.
Updating the repo at some point would be good.
Cheers,
G.
Updating the repo at some point would be good.
Cheers,
G.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- adrianvg
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
4 years 8 months ago #6528
by adrianvg
Replied by adrianvg on topic Invalid Signature
Hi all,
Just run a routine system update and ran into this.
Seems like an un-safe update is suggested, but am not too keen on doing that, as using non-verified repos is a Bad Thing(tm).
So, is there anything else that can be done?
Like renew the key or some such?
Thanks.
Just run a routine system update and ran into this.
Code:
Err:15 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/selmf/xUbuntu_20.04 InRelease
The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 3F3411BE43F8BC1F home:selmf OBS Project <home:selmf@build.opensuse.org>
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/selmf/xUbuntu_20.04 InRelease: The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 3F3411BE43F8BC1F home:selmf OBS Project <home:selmf@build.opensuse.org>
E: The repository 'http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/selmf/xUbuntu_20.04 InRelease' is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
Seems like an un-safe update is suggested, but am not too keen on doing that, as using non-verified repos is a Bad Thing(tm).
So, is there anything else that can be done?
Like renew the key or some such?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Paxton
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
4 years 8 months ago #6540
by Paxton
Replied by Paxton on topic Invalid Signature
Hello. I think I have the same problem with the new Ubuntu 21.10.
- The deb package tells me that the dependencies are not satisfied
- the PPA doesn't want to update for the same reason mentioned above. And I haven't found any way to work around it
- The deb package tells me that the dependencies are not satisfied
- the PPA doesn't want to update for the same reason mentioned above. And I haven't found any way to work around it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
4 years 8 months ago #6541
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Invalid Signature
The GPG key of the repo was expired. I've extended the key and triggered a rebuild so the repos and packages are updated and signed again. Once this has finished it should work again.
If it does not work for you, you might need to update the repo key.
If it does not work for you, you might need to update the repo key.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel