- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 6
Help and support for Linux users.
How 2 create a YACReader Server using Docker + NAS
- danhackley
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
4 years 3 months ago #6833
by danhackley
Replied by danhackley on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server using Docker + NAS
Any help with this one? Would love to get Yacreader library running on my Synology NAS so that I don't need the main PC on to access the library.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Renns
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 6
4 years 2 months ago #6953
by Renns
I got it to work on my Synology DS418play. I’ve posted the steps here:
www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/20...rver-on-synology-nas
Replied by Renns on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server using Docker + NAS
danhackley wrote: Any help with this one? Would love to get Yacreader library running on my Synology NAS so that I don't need the main PC on to access the library.
I got it to work on my Synology DS418play. I’ve posted the steps here:
www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/20...rver-on-synology-nas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- civilsachin
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 11 months ago #8024
by civilsachin
Replied by civilsachin on topic Help needed re: YACReader Server using Docker + NA
Namaste lgottschald
Thanks for the Detail instruction , so I added the library prepared on my Mac mini, and I can see all my comic are imported in mount folder /comics but some reason I can not access it from my iPhone
following error I see
WARN 2023-11-01T10:11:40.148 OSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name
"/comics/. yacreaderlibrary7facc66020', old connection removed.
WARN2023-11-01T10:11:40.161 QSqlQuery::prepare: database not open
Let me know what am I missing I am using XthurssdayX docker image over Synology NAS
Thanks in advance
Thanks for the Detail instruction , so I added the library prepared on my Mac mini, and I can see all my comic are imported in mount folder /comics but some reason I can not access it from my iPhone
following error I see
WARN 2023-11-01T10:11:40.148 OSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name
"/comics/. yacreaderlibrary7facc66020', old connection removed.
WARN2023-11-01T10:11:40.161 QSqlQuery::prepare: database not open
Let me know what am I missing I am using XthurssdayX docker image over Synology NAS
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ryxan
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 2
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #8342
by ryxan
Replied by ryxan on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server using Docker + NAS
I finally got this working on my QNAP after over a year of giving up previously. Turns out the docker container mentioned here only for for x86, but there is another fork from xthursdayx that works for ARM processors.
The only thing I couldn't get working is my symbolic links to the .yacreaderlibrary folder. I have all my comics stored on the HDD of my NAS, but the .yacreaderlibrary with the database and covers is stored on an SSD partition. I do this to speed up loading the thumbnail covers and not have hard drive noise when scrolling through the library.
Each of my libraries has a symbolic link from HDD-share/library-name/.yacreaderlibrary -> SSD-share/library-name/.yacreaderlibrary
Doing this works just fine on YACReader for Windows, but when adding the library in the docker container with "YACReaderLibraryServer add-library <library-name> /comics" it gives the message that the library database is not found.
The first thing I figured is I needed to mount the SSD-share to the docker container to give it access, but that still didn't work.
EDIT: I figured it out. In the container settings I had to mount the exact full path of the SSD share being used in the symbolic link: /share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/YACReader/Manga
The only thing I couldn't get working is my symbolic links to the .yacreaderlibrary folder. I have all my comics stored on the HDD of my NAS, but the .yacreaderlibrary with the database and covers is stored on an SSD partition. I do this to speed up loading the thumbnail covers and not have hard drive noise when scrolling through the library.
Each of my libraries has a symbolic link from HDD-share/library-name/.yacreaderlibrary -> SSD-share/library-name/.yacreaderlibrary
Doing this works just fine on YACReader for Windows, but when adding the library in the docker container with "YACReaderLibraryServer add-library <library-name> /comics" it gives the message that the library database is not found.
The first thing I figured is I needed to mount the SSD-share to the docker container to give it access, but that still didn't work.
EDIT: I figured it out. In the container settings I had to mount the exact full path of the SSD share being used in the symbolic link: /share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/YACReader/Manga
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by ryxan. Reason: Solved
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel, migube
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel