Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader instalation on Raspberry Pi OS [help]

YACReader instalation on Raspberry Pi OS [help] 3 years 4 months ago #5535

CharlyDic

Fresh Boarder

Hello, greetings from Argentina!

First, let me thank you for this amazing piece of software, which has made manage my comics easy and fun. This is by far the best app you can find and I'm really grateful for this.

So, here is my problem. At the moment, I'm running YACReader on a Raspberry Pi 4 (8Gb) using Windows ARM version. Since the Windows version supports emulation for x32 apps, there is no issue there. I've been reading in my iPad using this set up for at least a week

However, since I need to start using my Pi4 for another projects, I wanted to use my Pi 3 B+ with Raspberry OS (aka Raspian) and install the YACR Library there. Since it's an ARM OS, I'm not sure how to install YACR on this platform, adding the fact that I'm not too familiarized with Linux.

Is there any guide available for this? I tried to find but I was not able to.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader instalation on Raspberry Pi OS [help] 3 years 4 months ago #5539

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Not sure if there are some prebuilt packages out there, if you can't find any you'll need to build it yourself

Check how the app is built in Linux automatically here: github.com/YACReader/yacreader/blob/develop/azure-pipelines.yml Read the Linux job and follow the scripts instructions to install dependencies and build the app.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader instalation on Raspberry Pi OS [help] 3 years 3 months ago #5653

Wayne

Fresh Boarder

I have a raspberry pi 4 running raspberry os. I tend to run all my apps in docker containers as it has several benefits. There’s a docker container for YACReader, some kind person has done the hard work of getting it working on arm...

yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/658-ya...erized?start=60#5021

YACReader instalation on Raspberry Pi OS [help] 3 years 3 months ago #5654

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Luis Ángel wrote:
Not sure if there are some prebuilt packages out there, if you can't find any you'll need to build it yourself

Check how the app is built in Linux automatically here: github.com/YACReader/yacreader/blob/develop/azure-pipelines.yml Read the Linux job and follow the scripts instructions to install dependencies and build the app.

software.opensuse.org//download.html?pro...mf&package=yacreader

There's some Raspbian packages under Debian ;)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.