Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

Installed using https://software.opensuse.org//dow

  • khkyacreader
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #6242 by khkyacreader
Hi I have been using YACReader on windows for a while and have installed a Raspberry PI 4 as a NAS and am trying to get Yacreader working. I am running Buster Lite 64 Bit. I have installed the software but when I go to piadress:8080 I do not connect. Is there a file that is not running that I need to manually get running? Is there a much better way to do this? Help!!!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as I am stumped.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #6245 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Installed using https://software.opensuse.org//dow
We have been talking by email, my suspicion is that yacreader didn’t get properly installed. Let’s see if someone else can help.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: khkyacreader

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • khkyacreader
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 1 week ago #6248 by khkyacreader
Replied by khkyacreader on topic Installed using https://software.opensuse.org//dow
Thank you! That was my suspicion as well. Was not certain but after speaking with you I am certain. Should I attempt a reinstallation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #6249 by selmf
Could you please give me a summary of what you did to diagnose the problem and what lead you to the verdict the install is broken?

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • khkyacreader
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 1 week ago #6250 by khkyacreader
Replied by khkyacreader on topic Installed using https://software.opensuse.org//dow
Thank you. Yes after installing the software. Using a web browser I attempted to open the web interface mypiaddress:8080 since that should be the defaulting port. When that did not work I began to look for the active file. After speaking with Luis I found the active server and using the sudo service command tried to get the file execute. After multiple attempts that did not work. I also looked for other files that could be executed in the YACReader directories on my Pi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #6251 by selmf
I think I can solve this mystery for you. The headless library server is currently not a part of the Debian (and thus Raspbian) packages we provide. This was a decision I deliberately took when the headless server was still considered experimental and the fact that users had to build it themselves ensured they had a minimum understanding of what they were doing.

Things have improved now and I might consider adding the headless server to the packages (or creating a standalone package), but it is still far from foolproof (see github.com/YACReader/yacreader/issues/259 ).

You can still use the server by launching YACReaderLibrary.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: khkyacreader

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • khkyacreader
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 1 week ago #6252 by khkyacreader
Replied by khkyacreader on topic Installed using https://software.opensuse.org//dow
Okay I understand that. The person walking me through this is experienced but not in your product. With that said, what file do I need running so I can have the library run off of the pi? Should I expect it to feel similar to what I am used to using on Windows then? I know I used the Library to build and have my Ipad just look for the server.

Thank again for all your help with this! I appreciate it a ton!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #6253 by selmf
Hi,

you just need to launch the "regular" YACReaderLibrary app. You should either find an entry for this in your desktop's menu, under graphics, or you could launch it from the terminal by just entering "YACReaderLibrary".

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: khkyacreader

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 days ago #6259 by selmf
Alright, I had some time to take another look at my packages and it turns out I was wrong. We have been installing the headless server by default for some versions.

@khkyacreader, could you test a few things for me?

1. run "YACReaderLibraryServer" as a command in a terminal (the caps are important!)
2. if this fails, please run "ls /usr/bin/YAC*" and post the output here
3. if this not give you any output, run "dpkg -l yacreader" and post the output here

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • khkyacreader
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 6 days ago #6260 by khkyacreader
Replied by khkyacreader on topic Installed using https://software.opensuse.org//dow
Thanks for giving this a second look. I'll work on this over the weekend and post all my findings so you can see what is going on.

Thanks again for all your help and support!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!