- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for Linux users.
Issue with service on Ubuntu 21.4
- CHC
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
4 years 10 months ago #6367
by CHC
Issue with service on Ubuntu 21.4 was created by CHC
Hello everyone,
I have an issue on service configuration with Headless server on an ubuntu 21.4 accessed remotely.
Following the doc, I installed the service on userland (-- user) but I then need to keep a user session opened on the server to have the service available. And I dont want it.
Then I tried to use an installation without the --user flag. It worked (the servers starts without error message) but it doesn't read the config files (.ini file) and I am unable to find where I have to put it. And I don't find any log file to see if there are errors.
I know I can connect my MB Air to the server to open a user session each time I want to read a Comics on my IPad, but I am pretty sure it is not the right way to do it.
Can anyone help me on this please ?
Many thanks by advance,
CHC.
I have an issue on service configuration with Headless server on an ubuntu 21.4 accessed remotely.
Following the doc, I installed the service on userland (-- user) but I then need to keep a user session opened on the server to have the service available. And I dont want it.
Then I tried to use an installation without the --user flag. It worked (the servers starts without error message) but it doesn't read the config files (.ini file) and I am unable to find where I have to put it. And I don't find any log file to see if there are errors.
I know I can connect my MB Air to the server to open a user session each time I want to read a Comics on my IPad, but I am pretty sure it is not the right way to do it.
Can anyone help me on this please ?
Many thanks by advance,
CHC.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
4 years 10 months ago #6368
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Issue with service on Ubuntu 21.4
Config files are user specific, i.e. they reside in the users home directory. If you run it as a system session, my guess would be that it is looking for the config files in the root's home directory.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CHC
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
4 years 10 months ago #6370
by CHC
Replied by CHC on topic Issue with service on Ubuntu 21.4
I've tried this by copying the config files from user to the root folder, keeping the same directory structure, but no change.
And I can't find any information about the location where YACReaderLibaryServer is trying to find those files.
Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.
And I can't find any information about the location where YACReaderLibaryServer is trying to find those files.
Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel