- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
Manjaro Install
- hitchcock416
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
4 years 4 months ago #6762
by hitchcock416
Manjaro Install was created by hitchcock416
I am getting the following error while trying to install:
I see a pinned comment in the AUR that I might need to rebuild libpdfium. Can someone please explain how to do that or point me to another link that would show me? My google skills are failing me. I haven't had to rebuild a package before. I have removed and reinstalled libpdfium-nojs package but that doesn't seem to help.
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libicuuc.so.70, needed by /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/11.2.0/../../../../lib/libpdfium.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/11.2.0/../../../../lib/libpdfium.so: undefined reference to `u_toupper_70'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/11.2.0/../../../../lib/libpdfium.so: undefined reference to `u_isspace_70'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/11.2.0/../../../../lib/libpdfium.so: undefined reference to `u_tolower_70'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/11.2.0/../../../../lib/libpdfium.so: undefined reference to `u_isalnum_70'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/11.2.0/../../../../lib/libpdfium.so: undefined reference to `u_isalpha_70'
I see a pinned comment in the AUR that I might need to rebuild libpdfium. Can someone please explain how to do that or point me to another link that would show me? My google skills are failing me. I haven't had to rebuild a package before. I have removed and reinstalled libpdfium-nojs package but that doesn't seem to help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
4 years 4 months ago #6763
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Manjaro Install
The common way to rebuild an AUR package is to run makepkg with the force flag:
AUR helpers should provide a similar mechanism. A quick google search with the terms "rebuild package" plus the name of the helper of your choice should help you find an answer on how to do it.
Code:
makepkg -f
AUR helpers should provide a similar mechanism. A quick google search with the terms "rebuild package" plus the name of the helper of your choice should help you find an answer on how to do it.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel