Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

Docker Container running version 9.9?

  • michaelphart
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 11 months ago #7096 by michaelphart
Docker Container running version 9.9? was created by michaelphart
When I look on Docker Hub for YacReader, most of the popular containers have not been updated in about 1 year. My current Container is running version 9.8.2 and I think this is causing issues with syncing the read status. Does any know if there is a docker container that has the latest YacReader Update?

Automatic Library updates would be a plus, but not required.

Edit: Built my own docker image that builds 9.9.2 from source. Still having issues with syncing the read status.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by michaelphart. Reason: update

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • michaelphart
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #7125 by michaelphart
Replied by michaelphart on topic Docker Container running version 9.9?
Just an update, Last night I figured out how to create a docker image that is based on Ubuntu 22.04 and builds YacReaderLibraryServer version 9.9.2. I'm able to access the library from my iPad and import comics.

However, the read progress of comics on the iPad are not syncing back to the server as they did on previous versions. When I look at the logs for my docker container, I'm getting the following error message:

WARN 2022-10-08T18:28:38.316 QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is RequestMapper(0x56315c346a20), parent's thread is QThread(0x56315c33a1d0), current thread is QThread(0x56315c34d9c0)


This error is occurring about every 30 seconds.

As I said, YacReaderLibraryServer is version 9.9.2 (built from source with QT6. YacReader on my iPad is version 3.23.0.4.

If anyone can provide any assistance, I would love to get the progress sync working again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #7127 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Docker Container running version 9.9?
Automatic library updates is in my TODO list, in the mean time you can schedule a cron job maybe...

I don't maintain the docker image (any of them).

If you import a new comic, does that comic sync back?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • michaelphart
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #7132 by michaelphart
Replied by michaelphart on topic Docker Container running version 9.9?

Luis Ángel wrote: Automatic library updates is in my TODO list, in the mean time you can schedule a cron job maybe...

I did figure out how to accomplish this with a cronjob.

Luis Ángel wrote: I don't maintain the docker image (any of them).

I ended up creating my own docker image (built 9.9.2 from source). the QThread issues were caused by a healthcheck I wanted to put in. I took it out of the image and that resolved that error.

Luis Ángel wrote: If you import a new comic, does that comic sync back?

I tried the following:
  • Removed the comics from my app, and re-imported them.
  • Uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, imported a comic.
Nether of these attempts resolved the issue with progress not syncing. Should I try starting a completely new library?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #7133 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Docker Container running version 9.9?
Hmmm, yes please, try with a small test library.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • michaelphart
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #7136 by michaelphart
Replied by michaelphart on topic Docker Container running version 9.9?
created a new folder and put about 20 comics in it. Created a new Library and and it says it processes the comics, but when i go to the ipad, there is nothing there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • michaelphart
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #7137 by michaelphart
Replied by michaelphart on topic Docker Container running version 9.9?
If I open the library from Windows (from the Drobo SMB share), it syncs without any issue. so I'm clearly dealing with a Linux permissions issue...

So the Comics Folder is stored on a Drobo which is mounted to the Docker Host via CIFS/SMB version 3.0. That mounted folder is then connected to the docker container via Volume Bind.

This is the first time I've attempted to make my own docker image, so I'm sure that I'm missing something important.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #7140 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Docker Container running version 9.9?
You need to mount the volume using the nolock option. It has been discused several times in the forum.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • michaelphart
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #7151 by michaelphart
Replied by michaelphart on topic Docker Container running version 9.9?
I added the "nobrl" option to my mount instructions, and rebooted a few times, but it seems like the DB still isn't updating the read status

Here is what I have in /etc/fstab to mount the shares on my docker host:
//192.168.1.4/media /media cifs credentials=/root/.drobocredentials,vers=3.0,nobrl,rw,uid=1000,gid=998,iocharset=utf8 0 0

Might just have to switch back to windows server...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #7153 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Docker Container running version 9.9?
the option is nolock

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!