Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

Impossible to create a new library on Raspberry Pi

More
4 years 14 hours ago #7114 by Tâm
Hello,

I'm using Yacreader with my Raspberry Pi and cannot create a new library.
My books folders are on a hard-disk connected to my local network.

Yacreader on my macbook pro can create new libraries, update the folders and the continue reading is working.

Yacreader on my raspberry Pi can read what my macbook pro creates but cannot do it by itself.
When I create a new library, there is an error message with "-" only in the dialog box. I've never been able to continue reading.

Outside of Yacreader, I can create new folders on my hard-disk in Raspbian.
When I'm launching my app with "sudo yacreaderlibrary", it also gives the same result.

When I'm doing it with a folder from the system SDcard, it works.

How can I allow my Yacreader app to write on my disk on my network?

Thank you for your help.

Best

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 13 hours ago #7115 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Impossible to create a new library on Raspberry Pi
You need to add nolock as a mount setting IIRC. There are some posts here in the forum about the same problem.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 13 hours ago #7116 by selmf
From what you describe this sounds like an issue with file locking. SQlite, the database backend used for the libraries is know to behave badly with network shares and often is unable to lock the library database for writing.
The common solution is to disable file locking when mounting the network share (option nolock, I think). This will allow more than one app to write to the database at the same time though, so be careful not to do that.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!