- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
Sorting Comics by Filename in Ubuntu 22
- ACarlson
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 years 8 months ago #7413
by ACarlson
Sorting Comics by Filename in Ubuntu 22 was created by ACarlson
Hi there,
When I open YACReader Library, the files seem to be sorting strangely. The first 1/5 of the files appear in no particular order, and then after the last of those, the final 4/5 are all alphabetical by filename.
I have all my comics in a single directory (comics).
Is there a way to choose how it sorts them? I click the type (title, Filename, etc..) but it never re-sorts them. I've tried selecting all the files and then clicking it, but I'm guessing that's not how it works. *wry grin*
Can someone tell me how to sort by filename, please?
Total n00b with this software.
When I open YACReader Library, the files seem to be sorting strangely. The first 1/5 of the files appear in no particular order, and then after the last of those, the final 4/5 are all alphabetical by filename.
I have all my comics in a single directory (comics).
Is there a way to choose how it sorts them? I click the type (title, Filename, etc..) but it never re-sorts them. I've tried selecting all the files and then clicking it, but I'm guessing that's not how it works. *wry grin*
Can someone tell me how to sort by filename, please?
Total n00b with this software.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 8 months ago #7415
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Sorting Comics by Filename in Ubuntu 22
It sorts by filename unless some metadata is found (essentially the issue number). There is a setting for importing metadata from a file called comicinfo.xml, those comics out of order probably have it inside and they are being sorted by number. Edit the metadata and remove the issue number.
I will add sorting capabilities in future updates.
I will add sorting capabilities in future updates.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: ACarlson
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ACarlson
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 8 months ago #7418
by ACarlson
Replied by ACarlson on topic Sorting Comics by Filename in Ubuntu 22
Hi Luis,
First off, thanks for the quik reply!
I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear in my initial query.
The problem is that it's not sorting the first 20% of the files by filename. If there's a way too attach images I can send you a screenshot.
First off, thanks for the quik reply!
I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear in my initial query.
The problem is that it's not sorting the first 20% of the files by filename. If there's a way too attach images I can send you a screenshot.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 8 months ago #7420
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Sorting Comics by Filename in Ubuntu 22
Install the latest dev build, then select all the files (there is an icon for that), right click -> delete metadata.
Then in the global settings make sure you disable the option for importing metadata from xml.
Then in the global settings make sure you disable the option for importing metadata from xml.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel