- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
Unable to view comics library on NAS library serve
- aaronmar702
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 9 months ago #8081
by aaronmar702
Unable to view comics library on NAS library serve was created by aaronmar702
Hello,
I followed guidance on setting up the YAC Library Server on my new NAS here
www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/20...rver-on-synology-nas
I setup using this docker image
hub.docker.com/r/xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
My goal has been to migrate my exist comic collection on my local disk to the NAS. I've managed to replicate my the library there and have a library currently named 'ComicsNAS'. I can use this library in YACReader Library on my Windows machine. Unfortunately I always see no comics when trying to connect to the server directly on the NAS.
Is there an error in my configuration that someone can help me with? Please bear with me I'm quite new to Synology/Linux/servers in general.
The current setup on Windows and in YACReader Library
Unfortunately, when trying to configure this on the headless server on the NAS I get the following results.
Here's how I've set it up on Synology
And what the terminal output looks like
I followed guidance on setting up the YAC Library Server on my new NAS here
www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/20...rver-on-synology-nas
I setup using this docker image
hub.docker.com/r/xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
My goal has been to migrate my exist comic collection on my local disk to the NAS. I've managed to replicate my the library there and have a library currently named 'ComicsNAS'. I can use this library in YACReader Library on my Windows machine. Unfortunately I always see no comics when trying to connect to the server directly on the NAS.
Is there an error in my configuration that someone can help me with? Please bear with me I'm quite new to Synology/Linux/servers in general.
The current setup on Windows and in YACReader Library
Unfortunately, when trying to configure this on the headless server on the NAS I get the following results.
Here's how I've set it up on Synology
And what the terminal output looks like
Code:
root@YACLibraryServer:/# YACReaderLibraryServer list-libraries
ComicsNAS : /comics
root@YACLibraryServer:/# YACReaderLibraryServer update-library /comics
Processing comicsDone!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 9 months ago #8082
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to view comics library on NAS library serve
I wonder if your disk content is properly mapped into you docker image. You have to think about the docker image as a computer, by default it will have its own disk and won't see what you have outside the image.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- aaronmar702
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 9 months ago #8083
by aaronmar702
During setup, I was able to select that folder path as the volume to map to (in the compose interface). If the docker image was isolated I would think that wouldn't be visible would it? I could be terribly wrong here though.
Assuming I am wrong, how would I go about constructing a shared folder that was accessible to my local PC but properly mapped to the docker image?
Replied by aaronmar702 on topic Unable to view comics library on NAS library serve
I wonder if your disk content is properly mapped into you docker image. You have to think about the docker image as a computer, by default it will have its own disk and won't see what you have outside the image.
During setup, I was able to select that folder path as the volume to map to (in the compose interface). If the docker image was isolated I would think that wouldn't be visible would it? I could be terribly wrong here though.
Assuming I am wrong, how would I go about constructing a shared folder that was accessible to my local PC but properly mapped to the docker image?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 9 months ago #8084
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to view comics library on NAS library serve
Can I see your docker run command?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel