- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for Linux users.
YACreaderlibraryserver Q&A
- swepie
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #8283
by swepie
YACreaderlibraryserver Q&A was created by swepie
I am running YACreaderlibraryserver from SirDocker on my Synology DS918+ in "Container Manager", pleviously called "Docker" and must say that this build is almost perfect for me.
Most of all I like the README from SirDocker which is quite clear.
Although the above, I have some questions:
1. When executing the command:
YACReaderLibraryServer update-library /Strips
I get 15 remarks that RAR5 is not supported, which I am aware of.
Does someone know where I can find what files give the error so I can re-rar them with RAR4?
2. Can I run more than 1 servers since I want some comics not shated to the kids?
Or is there another way to seperate some comics from the kids?
3. How can I get in to contact with SirDocker since I would like to share thoughts about his build.
- How can I resolve the ROOT access issue?
- Can I save the CONFIG files to another location?
- Can different users have different "continue reading" lists in YACreader on the iPad?
- Refresh of library doesn't work for me
Hope to hear some replies since there is not much to find about YAC server on the Internet....
Most of all I like the README from SirDocker which is quite clear.
Although the above, I have some questions:
1. When executing the command:
YACReaderLibraryServer update-library /Strips
I get 15 remarks that RAR5 is not supported, which I am aware of.
Does someone know where I can find what files give the error so I can re-rar them with RAR4?
2. Can I run more than 1 servers since I want some comics not shated to the kids?
Or is there another way to seperate some comics from the kids?
3. How can I get in to contact with SirDocker since I would like to share thoughts about his build.
- How can I resolve the ROOT access issue?
- Can I save the CONFIG files to another location?
- Can different users have different "continue reading" lists in YACreader on the iPad?
- Refresh of library doesn't work for me
Hope to hear some replies since there is not much to find about YAC server on the Internet....
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by swepie.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 6 months ago #8289
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACreaderlibraryserver Q&A
rar5 is supported, but (assuming you are using docker) there are still some unresolved problems
github.com/YACReader/yacreader/issues/417
And yes, you can run two servers with two different libraries, they'll need to run in different ports.
I don't know anything about SirDocker, do you have any links I can check?
And yes, you can run two servers with two different libraries, they'll need to run in different ports.
I don't know anything about SirDocker, do you have any links I can check?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- swepie
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 6 months ago #8292
by swepie
Replied by swepie on topic YACreaderlibraryserver Q&A
registry.hub.docker.com/r/sirdocker/yacreaderlibraryserver/
Nice and small image and clear instructions.
Nice and small image and clear instructions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 6 months ago #8293
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACreaderlibraryserver Q&A
I don't see any contact information 
It would be nice to have all the people working in different docker images working together...

It would be nice to have all the people working in different docker images working together...
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- swepie
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 6 months ago #8309
by swepie
Replied by swepie on topic YACreaderlibraryserver Q&A
I don't understand what is meant there but sir docker mentioned:
"feel free to contact me by email (you can get an email from the image LABEL email)."
Maybe that is of some help for you.
Another question:
Does anyone know how I can provide more separate "continue reading" lists with the YACServer?
Now every member of the family can see each other's last read comics.
Are these stored in the file library.ydb in the.yacreaderlibrary folder?
If so, would it be possible to have that file created, based on a variable that can be used in the server and reader?
"feel free to contact me by email (you can get an email from the image LABEL email)."
Maybe that is of some help for you.
Another question:
Does anyone know how I can provide more separate "continue reading" lists with the YACServer?
Now every member of the family can see each other's last read comics.
Are these stored in the file library.ydb in the.yacreaderlibrary folder?
If so, would it be possible to have that file created, based on a variable that can be used in the server and reader?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 6 months ago #8310
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACreaderlibraryserver Q&A
The libraries are single user… So there is no way for having separate reading progress per user. It would be nice to have it, but I am not sure when I will have time to deal with such huge refactoring.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel