- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
YACReader Stuck without Window in GNOME Wayland
- sycruse
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 5 months ago #8380
by sycruse
YACReader Stuck without Window in GNOME Wayland was created by sycruse
In ArchLinux with GNOME Wayland, YACReader is stuck without window after starting up. The process itself does not exit, but there is simply no window being shown. I got this issue after doing full upgrade of arch packages to the latest (pacman -Syu).
Some observations:
- If I switch to GNOME Xorg, YACReader run normally without issue. The issue occur when I use GNOME Wayland.
- There are no error logs from stdout and stderr, simply nothing.
- If I run YACReader with strace, I got:
```
...
mprotect(0x70e1761b4000, 4096, PROT_READ) = 0
mprotect(0x70e1776e7000, 4096, PROT_READ) = 0
mprotect(0x70e180010000, 4096, PROT_READ) = 0
munmap(0x70e174fd7000, 165751) = 0
futex(0x70e1909afe08, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 2147483647) = 0
futex(0x70e1909afe08, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 2147483647) = 0
futex(0x70e1909afe08, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 2147483647) = 0
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 0) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 0) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 16) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 15) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 16) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 15) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 16) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 15) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 16) = 0 (Timeout)
...
```
After that, the poll is repeated infinitely. I guess this poll is normal, but I don't have any clue anymore other than this.
Some attempt to solve that I've tried:
- Tried rebuilding libpdfium and YACReader, still not solved.
- Tried removing xdg-desktop-portal and xdg-desktop-portal-gtk as suggested in bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=262897 , still not solved.
- Tried removing home .cache folder, still not solved
Personally, I think the problem reside in GNOME Wayland, but I am still not sure.
I might switch between Wayland to Xorg as a workaround every time I need to use YACReader, but this is not ideal and not solving the root cause.
Other details:
I use yacreader package from aur ( aur.archlinux.org/packages/yacreader ).
I use EndeavourOS (rolling release, latest update).
Any suggestion to solve this?
Some observations:
- If I switch to GNOME Xorg, YACReader run normally without issue. The issue occur when I use GNOME Wayland.
- There are no error logs from stdout and stderr, simply nothing.
- If I run YACReader with strace, I got:
```
...
mprotect(0x70e1761b4000, 4096, PROT_READ) = 0
mprotect(0x70e1776e7000, 4096, PROT_READ) = 0
mprotect(0x70e180010000, 4096, PROT_READ) = 0
munmap(0x70e174fd7000, 165751) = 0
futex(0x70e1909afe08, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 2147483647) = 0
futex(0x70e1909afe08, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 2147483647) = 0
futex(0x70e1909afe08, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 2147483647) = 0
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 0) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 0) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 16) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 15) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 16) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 15) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 16) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 15) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN}], 3, 16) = 0 (Timeout)
...
```
After that, the poll is repeated infinitely. I guess this poll is normal, but I don't have any clue anymore other than this.
Some attempt to solve that I've tried:
- Tried rebuilding libpdfium and YACReader, still not solved.
- Tried removing xdg-desktop-portal and xdg-desktop-portal-gtk as suggested in bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=262897 , still not solved.
- Tried removing home .cache folder, still not solved
Personally, I think the problem reside in GNOME Wayland, but I am still not sure.
I might switch between Wayland to Xorg as a workaround every time I need to use YACReader, but this is not ideal and not solving the root cause.
Other details:
I use yacreader package from aur ( aur.archlinux.org/packages/yacreader ).
I use EndeavourOS (rolling release, latest update).
Any suggestion to solve this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel