Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

Trying to compile YACReader on Alpine and failing

  • Firetoe
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
2 years 3 weeks ago #8764 by Firetoe
I don't have 7zip installed from the alpine package repository because I specifically want rar support, and rather than rebuilding the 7zip package I opted to just compile 7zip support into YACReader.

I don't think the problem compiling the devel version is with 7zip though. For example, by default it wasn't finding the T libraries. Alpine has all the needed packages and is FHS compliant so it shouldn't be an issue. At least as far as compiling it works fine with the release version but not the devel version, so something must have changed between those versions for it not to generate the Makefile properly.

I'm happy to provide as much info as I can to help troubleshoot if that is desired, but I don't think it's anything strange with my system or missing packages. It's a pretty fresh install, no weird deviations or anything.

I'm going to try and rebuilding the Alpine 7zip package with rar support as selmf suggested, and will look at using libarchive as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!