- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
help fixing rar 5 format
- mjeedd02
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 1 month ago #8731
by mjeedd02
help fixing rar 5 format was created by mjeedd02
hi
im trying to run YACReader on ubuntu 24.04 and it works very good
but some files will not open for some reason so I downloaded the app with wine
and that was good until it crashes and it will not run for a full day
and then I tried docker I wanted to see if it has the same error so I tried it and when I open the files
it will not open and when I see the loges I see the error message
"rar 5.x format isn't supported"
so I download what I need but still YACReader will not open these files
so can anyone help me fix this
im trying to run YACReader on ubuntu 24.04 and it works very good
but some files will not open for some reason so I downloaded the app with wine
and that was good until it crashes and it will not run for a full day
and then I tried docker I wanted to see if it has the same error so I tried it and when I open the files
it will not open and when I see the loges I see the error message
"rar 5.x format isn't supported"
so I download what I need but still YACReader will not open these files
so can anyone help me fix this
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 1 month ago #8732
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic help fixing rar 5 format
YACReader supports to be built using 3 different decompression libraries: 7zip, unarr and libarchive. Sadly unarr doesn’t support RAR5 and that’s probably the build you are using because those are the packages available.
I don’t do the linux packages distribution myself, so there is not much I can do.
You can try to build YACReader by yourself using 7zip (which is the library used in Windows and macOS) or libarchive, the later will be probably easier.
I don’t do the linux packages distribution myself, so there is not much I can do.
You can try to build YACReader by yourself using 7zip (which is the library used in Windows and macOS) or libarchive, the later will be probably easier.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 1 month ago #8733
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic help fixing rar 5 format
If I have time I will try to create a tutorial or some script to do it…
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mjeedd02
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 1 month ago #8734
by mjeedd02
Replied by mjeedd02 on topic help fixing rar 5 format
unfortunately I don't know how to do that
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 4 weeks ago #8737
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic help fixing rar 5 format
I've created a couple of scripts to compile and install YACReader with support for RAR5, Ubuntu 22.04 and 24.04
github.com/YACReader/yacreader/tree/develop/build_scripts
Pick the one for your system version, and make it executable with chmod +x build.sh, then run it like ./build.sh develop
Let me know if it works...
github.com/YACReader/yacreader/tree/develop/build_scripts
Pick the one for your system version, and make it executable with chmod +x build.sh, then run it like ./build.sh develop
Let me know if it works...
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mjeedd02
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 4 weeks ago #8739
by mjeedd02
Replied by mjeedd02 on topic help fixing rar 5 format
im having this error:
E: The repository ' ppa.launchpadcontent.net/kelleyk/emacs/ubuntu noble Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8 ) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
E: The repository ' ppa.launchpadcontent.net/kelleyk/emacs/ubuntu noble Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8 ) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 4 weeks ago - 2 years 4 weeks ago #8740
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic help fixing rar 5 format
It sounds to me like you added that PPA yourself (?) and now you can do apt-get update because that one is broken, I think you need to remove it to continue, this is not related to YACReader or the script I create at all and you won't be able to use apt-get update until you solve this issue.
You may want to try some of these options to remove that PPA: askubuntu.com/questions/307/how-can-ppas-be-removed
You may want to try some of these options to remove that PPA: askubuntu.com/questions/307/how-can-ppas-be-removed
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 2 years 4 weeks ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mjeedd02
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 3 weeks ago #8748
by mjeedd02
Replied by mjeedd02 on topic help fixing rar 5 format
hi i try it now
and it does not work i dont know if i need to download something before or not
and also if i open a file that will not work the app will lag and the whole os and then the error window and i need to force close it sense the window will not close
and how can i delete the app ? (if you know) i want to redownload
and it does not work i dont know if i need to download something before or not
and also if i open a file that will not work the app will lag and the whole os and then the error window and i need to force close it sense the window will not close
and how can i delete the app ? (if you know) i want to redownload
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mjeedd02
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 3 weeks ago #8770
by mjeedd02
Replied by mjeedd02 on topic help fixing rar 5 format
sorry to bother you
but will you do another scripts ?
but will you do another scripts ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 3 weeks ago #8771
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic help fixing rar 5 format
I don’t plan to, I tested the ones I posted in Ubuntu 22.04 and 24.04 using WSL on Windows 11 and I was able to read comics just fine, so I don’t know why the app doesn’t run properly in your case, I don’t have a dedicated machine to test it.
I think the open source community should be dealing with the packaging for Linux, I can’t do it by myself, and I’ve been asking for help with this since 2009.
I think the open source community should be dealing with the packaging for Linux, I can’t do it by myself, and I’ve been asking for help with this since 2009.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel