- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
Can't create library in mounted network drive
- tobenaihebi
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
1 year 7 months ago #9313
by tobenaihebi
Can't create library in mounted network drive was created by tobenaihebi
I mounted my Comics folder from my Samba NAS to ~/Comics but I can't create a YACReader library there.
An error pops up, saying:
The rest of the text isn't visible but I can select it and copy it:
I can locate the dir in the file browser, but I can't continue when I press "Create".
It doesn't work with the CIFS mount path like /run/user/1000/doc/534f6538/Comics and it doesn't work if I mount it to /home/myname/Comics either.
Creating a YACReader Library from any local directory works fine, though. Is it a permissions issue?
An error pops up, saying:
Path not found
The selected path does not exist or is not a valid
The rest of the text isn't visible but I can select it and copy it:
The selected path does not exist or is not a valid path. Be sure that you have write access to this folder
I can locate the dir in the file browser, but I can't continue when I press "Create".
It doesn't work with the CIFS mount path like /run/user/1000/doc/534f6538/Comics and it doesn't work if I mount it to /home/myname/Comics either.
Creating a YACReader Library from any local directory works fine, though. Is it a permissions issue?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tobenaihebi
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 7 months ago #9314
by tobenaihebi
Replied by tobenaihebi on topic Can't create library in mounted network drive
I installed keyutils and cifs-utils and mounted it again, now I can create the Library, but I get an error trying to open it...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 7 months ago #9320
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can't create library in mounted network drive
Hmmm. Can you try to create a small local library? An folder with a couple of comics is enough. Does it work?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tobenaihebi
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 7 months ago #9362
by tobenaihebi
Replied by tobenaihebi on topic Can't create library in mounted network drive
Yep, just creating a local folder and initializing it as a library works fine for me. It seems to be just folders on the Samba share.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 7 months ago #9363
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can't create library in mounted network drive
The database used by YACReaderLibrary is sqlite3, you need to mount your volume with the -nobrl option. The symptoms are normally different but it could be that.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel