Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

Library now crashing

  • Mightykhan
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #10010 by Mightykhan
Library now crashing was created by Mightykhan
Hello, I have my comic library on my Synology NAS. It's a older NAS that does not support Docker. I have YACReader installed on my local Linux PC and pointing back to the NAS for the library. At one point it was working fine and everything was good. I discovered that I could reimport my old Comicrack metadata back in. Was doing that folder by folder and at one point it crashed. Every since then the library will not populate. If I delete YACReaded completely from my PC and delete the .yacreaderlibrary folder from the NAS it will rescan everything but still crash again before completing the scan process. It only gives a symbol when it crashes. There's no message for why it crashed. I've looked through all the folders and cannot find any logs that can point me to the cause of the crash. Is there a verbose setting or any other logging I can use to try and debug this issue? I'm trying everything I can think of, but I'm starting to run out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. thx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #10011 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library now crashing
Yes, there is —loglevel, you can use debug or trace.
Code:
YACReaderLibrary --loglevel debug

The log is in YACReaderLibrary.log file.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Luis Ángel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mightykhan
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #10012 by Mightykhan
Replied by Mightykhan on topic Library now crashing
Hello Luis. Thank you for the replay and the fantastic program. I'm still working on it a bit when I can, but the verbose mode definitely was a big help. There was a couple of files that were corrupted that I moved out but was still crashing. Right now the logs have me looking at the NAS mount. Something might have changed with it, but it seems little weird that it would just start doing that after being fine for a few weeks. I'm running an immutable OS and the NAS mount path is virtual in YACReader Library. When I have a little more time, I will see if I can get the physical path to properly mount. Either it will be fixed or eliminated as a possible cause. I appreciate the assistance. Have a good day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #10013 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library now crashing
These kind of issues normally cause problems writing to the database, the crash is pretty weird, let me know if you find anything.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mightykhan
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #10018 by Mightykhan
Replied by Mightykhan on topic Library now crashing
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm going to paste my install log over just in case the AI helping me look at this is actually being stupid. I don't think there is anything sensitive in it and hopefully I'm not violating any rules. If so, I'm sorry about that and please delete this post or I can delete it if needed. There is several warning in the install that doesn't seem to be pointing at anything specific. Not familiar enough with it to know if that is normal or not. If you or anyone else see anything else that stands out, a point in the right direction would be great. Thanks again for everything.


flatpak run --command=YACReaderLibrary com.yacreader.YACReader --loglevel debug
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:13.034 YACReaderLibrary attempting to start
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:13.034
System & configuration
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:13.034 YACReader version: 9.16.3
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:13.034 Qt version: 6.10.2
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:13.034 OS: "KDE Flatpak runtime" Version: "6.10"
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:13.034 Kernel: "linux" "6.19.7-200.fc43.x86_64" Architecture: "x86_64" ABI: "x86_64-little_endian-lp64"
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:13.034 using unarr decompression backend
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:13.034 qrencode : not found
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:13.034 server : enabled
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:13.035 OpenGL : enabled - VSync off
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:13.057 OpenGL version : "4.6 desktop"
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:13.057 Libraries:
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:13.057
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:13.057 YACReaderLibrary starting
DEBUG 2026-04-12T11:52:13.057 TemplateLoader: path=/app/share/yacreader/server/templates, codec=
DEBUG 2026-04-12T11:52:13.057 TemplateCache: timeout=60000, size=160000
DEBUG 2026-04-12T11:52:13.057 HttpSessionStore: Sessions expire after 864000000 milliseconds
DEBUG 2026-04-12T11:52:13.057 StaticFileController: docroot=/app/share/yacreader/server/docroot, encoding=UTF-8, maxAge=60000
DEBUG 2026-04-12T11:52:13.057 StaticFileController: cache timeout=60000, size=1000000
DEBUG 2026-04-12T11:52:13.057 ServiceHelper: Starting service
DEBUG 2026-04-12T11:52:13.058 HttpListener: Listening on port 8080
DEBUG 2026-04-12T11:52:13.058 ServiceHelper: Service has started
DEBUG 2026-04-12T11:52:13.168 origin changed -20
DEBUG 2026-04-12T11:52:13.168 content y changed -20
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:33.955 "About to create a library from '/run/user/1000/doc/6658d400/Alphabetical' to '/run/user/1000/doc/6658d400/Alphabetical/.yacreaderlibrary' with name 'Library'"
INFO 2026-04-12T11:52:33.958 Starting to create new library ( "/run/user/1000/doc/6658d400/Alphabetical" , "/run/user/1000/doc/6658d400/Alphabetical/.yacreaderlibrary" )
DEBUG 2026-04-12T11:52:33.997 QList()
WARN 2026-04-12T11:54:03.119 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T11:54:04.046 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T11:54:57.742 Corrupt JPEG data: bad Huffman code
WARN 2026-04-12T11:55:25.472 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:01:15.284 Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:20.524 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:20.645 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:20.758 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:20.858 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:20.962 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:21.019 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:21.076 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:21.370 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:21.790 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:21.905 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:22.068 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:22.936 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:23.038 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:23.252 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:24.700 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:47.270 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:22:47.324 fromIccProfile: invalid tag offset alignment
WARN 2026-04-12T12:23:10.966 Corrupt JPEG data: 25 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd7
WARN 2026-04-12T12:31:57.719 Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment
INFO 2026-04-12T12:36:22.343 "updateChildrenInfo took 0ms"
INFO 2026-04-12T12:36:22.346 Create library END
WARN 2026-04-12T12:36:22.346 QObject::disconnect: wildcard call disconnects from destroyed signal of YACReaderLibraryListWidget::unnamed
WARN 2026-04-12T12:36:22.408 QSqlQuery::prepare: database not open
WARN 2026-04-12T12:36:22.408 QSqlQuery::prepare: database not open
DEBUG 2026-04-12T13:03:17.586 ServiceHelper: Service has been stopped
DEBUG 2026-04-12T13:03:17.586 HttpListener: closed
DEBUG 2026-04-12T13:03:17.586 HttpConnectionHandlerPool (0x56078408b780): destroyed
DEBUG 2026-04-12T13:03:17.586 HttpListener: closed
DEBUG 2026-04-12T13:03:17.586 HttpListener: destroyed
INFO 2026-04-12T13:03:17.624 YACReaderLibrary closed with exit code : 0
DEBUG 2026-04-12T13:03:17.624 ServiceHelper: Service has been stopped

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mightykhan
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 months 1 week ago #10019 by Mightykhan
Replied by Mightykhan on topic Library now crashing
Sorry, just now been able to spend any meaningful time on this. Tried a few thing with no luck. I have the NAS folder mounted with a real actual mount verses the original Flatpack temporary, per-session path. Even with the actual mount, it's still crashing. As part of my troubleshooting I copied half my files from the NAS to my local PC and ran it there. The though was to keep cutting it in half until I can narrow it down to a specific folder. The first half works, no crashing. I did notice this through the very helpful debug logs. The database is not opening when pointed to the NAS, but works locally.

NAS - Crashes
INFO 2026-04-24T20:13:57.810 Create library END
WARN 2026-04-24T20:13:57.821 QObject::disconnect: wildcard call disconnects from destroyed signal of YACReaderLibraryListWidget::unnamed
WARN 2026-04-24T20:13:57.837 QSqlQuery::prepare: database not open
WARN 2026-04-24T20:13:57.837 QSqlQuery::prepare: database not open
DEBUG 2026-04-24T20:35:12.165 ServiceHelper: Service has been stopped

Local PC - Working
INFO 2026-04-25T08:03:01.770 Create library END
WARN 2026-04-25T08:03:01.776 QObject::disconnect: wildcard call disconnects from destroyed signal of YACReaderLibraryListWidget::unnamed
WARN 2026-04-25T08:03:02.086 QSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name '/var/mnt/30e38cfd-677b-478c-87a9-f8ff11bf821c/Comic_Books_Temp/Alphabetical/.yacreaderlibrary7f4312c21a40', old connection removed.

After probably too much info, my question is can the Database location be changed on the Linux version to place other than the default? My sometimes helpful AI friend thinks it's this: "NAS (SMB 2.0) = not compatible for DB". It's an older NAS and that was the only mount option that would work. I think having all the program files local on the PC and comics still on the NAS will work. If there is a way to do this, please let me know. I haven't found a way so far. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #10020 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library now crashing
If you are trying to access the db in a network share you need to mount it with the -nobrl option.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mightykhan
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 months 1 week ago #10021 by Mightykhan
Replied by Mightykhan on topic Library now crashing - resolved
I think that was the missing piece. I had to do some clean-up with all my mount changes, but is seems to be stable and working so far. I appreciated the assistance. My AI buddy wasn't quite getting there with its suggestions. I'm happy I can access my library through my tablet again. Keep up the fantastic work. I've been telling everyone I know that's into comics to check it out. Thx again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #10022 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library now crashing - resolved
Glad to hear it's working, enjoy your comics!

Thanks for recommending YACReader :)

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!