- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
Compiling under Centos 7
- ccarpo
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1662
by ccarpo
Replied by ccarpo on topic Compiling under Centos 7
Hello again.
I was nearly out of ideas. When starting this post I was gonna say that I leave it for the moment and rty again later. But one last effort and now it seems to work

I got the p7zip and p7zip-plugins for Centos7 in the correct version, installed it, again created a symlink because yacreaderlibrary was expecting it under /usr/lib/p7zip... now the error message in the log was gone but the app was still crashing as before. The I had a look in the server_log.log and found that I forgot to create a symlink for p7zip/Codecs/Rar29.so
After this I had to remove some old p7zip libraries from /usr/lib/yacreader/ and FINALLY I can create and libraries, add comics, open them from the library or directly...
Thank you VERY MUCH for your support. If I have some spare time I might try compiling it with poppler again... but at the moment I'm happy as it is now.
Greets
CCarpo
I was nearly out of ideas. When starting this post I was gonna say that I leave it for the moment and rty again later. But one last effort and now it seems to work
I got the p7zip and p7zip-plugins for Centos7 in the correct version, installed it, again created a symlink because yacreaderlibrary was expecting it under /usr/lib/p7zip... now the error message in the log was gone but the app was still crashing as before. The I had a look in the server_log.log and found that I forgot to create a symlink for p7zip/Codecs/Rar29.so
After this I had to remove some old p7zip libraries from /usr/lib/yacreader/ and FINALLY I can create and libraries, add comics, open them from the library or directly...
Thank you VERY MUCH for your support. If I have some spare time I might try compiling it with poppler again... but at the moment I'm happy as it is now.
Greets
CCarpo
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by ccarpo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Clay
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 2
9 years 10 months ago #2625
by Clay
Replied by Clay on topic Compiling under Centos 7
Is there a nice consolidated list on how to install this?
i'm trying to install the YACReaderLibraryServer and it's not going well.
i'm trying to install the YACReaderLibraryServer and it's not going well.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 10 months ago #2628
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Compiling under Centos 7
Not really. Centos 7 is a tough target for YACReader because the software packages it provides are very old. Please open a new thread and describe your problems compiling YACReaderLibraryServer in detail, I will try to help you then.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clay
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Clay
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 2
9 years 10 months ago #2629
by Clay
Replied by Clay on topic Compiling under Centos 7
Is there a platform that is relatively easy to get it going with? I don't have much else going on this box so I'm not opposed to blowing it up. Had some problems with its python support on another app anyway.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #2630
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Compiling under Centos 7
You can use the tutorial Luis has written on how to install the headless server on a Raspberry Pi:
yacreader.com/45-yacreaderlibraryserver-...aspberry-pi-raspbian
While it says it is for the Raspberry Pi it will generally also work with any Debian-based Linux distro on PC hardware that has a sufficient recent version of Qt5 and Poppler available. If you need stability a good choice would be Debian Stable or a recent Ubuntu LTS like 16.04.
I have made some experiments on building packages for Fedora, so that could be an option too if you want to stick to a .rpm based distribution.
Btw, when ccarpo was compiling on Centos 7 last year the biggest obstacle was the lack of a suitable version of poppler and his need for 7z support, which meant he had to use the old and complicated to build p7zip backend and manually patch the code to remove pdf support. I'm currently working on patchset for YACReader that will allow disabling pdf support at compile time in such cases, so if you don't need pdf and 7z support in the headless server you could still give it a try on Centos 7.
While it says it is for the Raspberry Pi it will generally also work with any Debian-based Linux distro on PC hardware that has a sufficient recent version of Qt5 and Poppler available. If you need stability a good choice would be Debian Stable or a recent Ubuntu LTS like 16.04.
I have made some experiments on building packages for Fedora, so that could be an option too if you want to stick to a .rpm based distribution.
Btw, when ccarpo was compiling on Centos 7 last year the biggest obstacle was the lack of a suitable version of poppler and his need for 7z support, which meant he had to use the old and complicated to build p7zip backend and manually patch the code to remove pdf support. I'm currently working on patchset for YACReader that will allow disabling pdf support at compile time in such cases, so if you don't need pdf and 7z support in the headless server you could still give it a try on Centos 7.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by selmf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clay
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- De Luis
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 8 months ago #3000
by De Luis
Replied by De Luis on topic Compiling under Centos 7
Hi,
I am waiting for this patchset allowing to disable pdf to compile the headless into Centos 7.
Do you have any idea that when is it going to be ready?
Thanks and regards,
Oscar
I am waiting for this patchset allowing to disable pdf to compile the headless into Centos 7.
Do you have any idea that when is it going to be ready?
Thanks and regards,
Oscar
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 8 months ago #3001
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Compiling under Centos 7
It is available in the latest development branch. To use it, get the code from Luis mercurial repository (make sure it is the development branch) and add CONFIG+="no_pdf" when running qmake.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: De Luis
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- De Luis
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 8 months ago #3004
by De Luis
Replied by De Luis on topic Compiling under Centos 7
Hi Selmf,
Thanks for the answer. I am not an expert and I have found the following error message. Could you please help me with this? What I am doing wrong?
# hg clone bitbucket.org/luisangelsm/yacreader/branch/develop .
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 1579 changesets with 6008 changes to 1279 files (+1 heads)
updating to branch default
987 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
# cd ~/dev/yacreader_hg/YACReaderLibraryServer/
# /usr/lib64/qt5/bin/qmake-qt5 CONFIG+="no_pdf" YACReaderLibraryServer.pro
Project MESSAGE: Found Qt5Core
Project MESSAGE: Found Qt5Gui
Project MESSAGE: Missing dependency: poppler-qt5
Project MESSAGE: Found Qt5Network
Project MESSAGE: Found Qt5Sql
Project MESSAGE: Missing dependency: sqlite3
Project MESSAGE: Found unarr source-code
Project MESSAGE: Unarr will be build as a part of YACReader
Project MESSAGE: No build type specified. Defaulting to standalone server build (CONFIG+=server_standalone).
Project MESSAGE: If you wish to run YACReaderLibraryServer on a system with an existing install of YACReaderLibrary, please specify CONFIG+=server_bundled as an option when running qmake.
# make
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic -O2 -std=gnu++0x -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DSERVER_RELEASE -DNOMINMAX -DYACREADER_LIBRARY -DQT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -Duse_unarr -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/lib\" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DBINDIR=\"/usr/bin\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -I../YACReaderLibrary -I../common -I../YACReaderLibrary/server -I../YACReaderLibrary/db -isystem /usr/include/poppler/qt5 -I../YACReaderLibrary/server -I../YACReaderLibrary/server/lib/bfLogging -I../YACReaderLibrary/server/lib/bfHttpServer -I../YACReaderLibrary/server/lib/bfTemplateEngine -I../compressed_archive/unarr -I../compressed_archive/unarr/unarr-master -I../QsLog -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtSql -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtNetwork -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I. -I/usr/lib64/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o library_creator.o ../YACReaderLibrary/library_creator.cpp
In file included from ../YACReaderLibrary/library_creator.cpp:16:0:
../common/comic.h:20:26: fatal error: poppler-qt5.h: No such file or directory
#include "poppler-qt5.h"
^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [library_creator.o] Error 1
Thanks a lot and regards,
DE LUIS
Thanks for the answer. I am not an expert and I have found the following error message. Could you please help me with this? What I am doing wrong?
# hg clone bitbucket.org/luisangelsm/yacreader/branch/develop .
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 1579 changesets with 6008 changes to 1279 files (+1 heads)
updating to branch default
987 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
# cd ~/dev/yacreader_hg/YACReaderLibraryServer/
# /usr/lib64/qt5/bin/qmake-qt5 CONFIG+="no_pdf" YACReaderLibraryServer.pro
Project MESSAGE: Found Qt5Core
Project MESSAGE: Found Qt5Gui
Project MESSAGE: Missing dependency: poppler-qt5
Project MESSAGE: Found Qt5Network
Project MESSAGE: Found Qt5Sql
Project MESSAGE: Missing dependency: sqlite3
Project MESSAGE: Found unarr source-code
Project MESSAGE: Unarr will be build as a part of YACReader
Project MESSAGE: No build type specified. Defaulting to standalone server build (CONFIG+=server_standalone).
Project MESSAGE: If you wish to run YACReaderLibraryServer on a system with an existing install of YACReaderLibrary, please specify CONFIG+=server_bundled as an option when running qmake.
# make
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic -O2 -std=gnu++0x -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DSERVER_RELEASE -DNOMINMAX -DYACREADER_LIBRARY -DQT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -Duse_unarr -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/lib\" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DBINDIR=\"/usr/bin\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -I../YACReaderLibrary -I../common -I../YACReaderLibrary/server -I../YACReaderLibrary/db -isystem /usr/include/poppler/qt5 -I../YACReaderLibrary/server -I../YACReaderLibrary/server/lib/bfLogging -I../YACReaderLibrary/server/lib/bfHttpServer -I../YACReaderLibrary/server/lib/bfTemplateEngine -I../compressed_archive/unarr -I../compressed_archive/unarr/unarr-master -I../QsLog -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtSql -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtNetwork -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I. -I/usr/lib64/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o library_creator.o ../YACReaderLibrary/library_creator.cpp
In file included from ../YACReaderLibrary/library_creator.cpp:16:0:
../common/comic.h:20:26: fatal error: poppler-qt5.h: No such file or directory
#include "poppler-qt5.h"
^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [library_creator.o] Error 1
Thanks a lot and regards,
DE LUIS
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 8 months ago #3005
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Compiling under Centos 7
"updating to branch default"
You're on the wrong branch.
run "hg update develop" to change to the develop branch and retry
You're on the wrong branch.
run "hg update develop" to change to the develop branch and retry
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: De Luis
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- De Luis
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 7 months ago #3008
by De Luis
Replied by De Luis on topic Compiling under Centos 7
It works! Thanks a lot!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel