Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi

More
8 years 11 months ago #3370 by JOCELYN
Replied by JOCELYN on topic YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi
Ok, thanks.
But it's not blocking. The library is functional at all.
May be some files it doesn't like...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3371 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi
Did a quick google search and it looks like it's the pdf backend complaining about bad pdf. Not our fault ;)

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #3409 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi
Jocelyn (or anybody else interested): I'm currently working on a systemd service file for YACReaderLibraryServer so users don't have to mess with cronjobs anymore. It's already working on my Archlinux machine but it needs testing by actual users so that I can be sure it works as intended. So, if you could test it and give me some feedback that would be appreciated ;)
Code:
[Unit] Description=YACReaderLibrary headless server After=network.target [Service] Type=simple Restart=always ExecStart=/usr/bin/YACReaderLibraryServer start [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target

Instructions:
Code:
0. create a file named "yacreaderlibraryserver.service" and copy the text above into it 1. change the path used in ExecStart so it points to the location your headless server binary resides 2. copy the service file to ~/.local/share/systemd/user 3. enable the service file by running: "systemclt --user enable yacreaderlibraryserver" 4. start the server by running: "systemctl --user start yacreaderlibraryserver" 5. check the server status by running: systemctl --user status yacreaderlibraryserver The server will keep running till you tell systemd to stop it by running "systemctl --user stop yacreaderlibraryserver". In the event of a program crash systemd will reload the server. Feel free to test this by running "killall YACReaderLibraryServer". IMPORTANT!!! Never run YACReaderLibraryServer as root!!!

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by selmf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #3458 by dhernan3
Replied by dhernan3 on topic YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi
Hi, I'm using a RPi 3 with DietPi v158 (jessie based).

It has not ~/.local/share/systemd/user, so I put your .service in /etc/systemd/system

When launching YACReaderLibrary from cli or from crontab, it's launched from root user, so it uses ~/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/ for log and configuration .ini file

When launching with systemctl, it uses /.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/ directly from / (root folder), so no library configured. After I have copied my original .ini to this new location, it works fine and I have again my library accesbible, but using service rather than crontab.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #3461 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi
We strongly suggest *not* to run YACReaderLibraryServer as root. You gain literally nothing by doing so except a potential security risk. If ~/.local/share/systemd/user is missing you just can create it - systemd should be able to detect it.

Otherwise I'm happy to hear that this works for you :)

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #3643 by hmdrmch
Replied by hmdrmch on topic YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi
*** Nevermind, a reboot fixed the issue ***

When i try to run the command: "hg clone bitbucket.org/luisangelsm/yacreader ." i get the following error.
Any idea as to what could cause this?
I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3 running the latest Stretch.

** unknown exception encountered, please report by visiting
** mercurial-scm.org/wiki/BugTracker
** Python 2.7.13 (default, Nov 24 2017, 17:33:09) [GCC 6.3.0 20170516]
** Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 4.0)
** Extensions loaded:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/hg", line 45, in <module>
mercurial.dispatch.run()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/dispatch.py", line 60, in run
sys.exit((dispatch(request(sys.argv[1:])) or 0) & 255)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/dispatch.py", line 126, in dispatch
ret = _runcatch(req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/dispatch.py", line 247, in _runcatch
return callcatch(ui, _runcatchfunc)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/dispatch.py", line 256, in callcatch
return func()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/dispatch.py", line 236, in _runcatchfunc
return _dispatch(req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/dispatch.py", line 932, in _dispatch
cmdpats, cmdoptions)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/dispatch.py", line 681, in runcommand
ret = _runcommand(ui, options, cmd, d)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/dispatch.py", line 940, in _runcommand
return cmdfunc()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/dispatch.py", line 929, in <lambda>
d = lambda: util.checksignature(func)(ui, *args, **cmdoptions)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/util.py", line 1039, in check
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/commands.py", line 1559, in clone
shareopts=opts.get('shareopts'))
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/hg.py", line 447, in clone
srcpeer = peer(ui, peeropts, source)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/hg.py", line 175, in peer
return _peerorrepo(rui, path, create).peer()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/hg.py", line 152, in _peerorrepo
obj = _peerlookup(path).instance(ui, path, create)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/httppeer.py", line 292, in instance
inst = httpspeer(ui, path)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/httppeer.py", line 282, in __init__
if not url.has_https:
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/demandimport.py", line 152, in __getattribute__
self._load()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/demandimport.py", line 100, in _load
mod = _hgextimport(_import, head, globals, locals, None, level)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/demandimport.py", line 53, in _hgextimport
return importfunc(name, globals, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/url.py", line 155, in <module>
class httpconnection(keepalive.HTTPConnection):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/demandimport.py", line 152, in __getattribute__
self._load()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/demandimport.py", line 100, in _load
mod = _hgextimport(_import, head, globals, locals, None, level)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/demandimport.py", line 53, in _hgextimport
return importfunc(name, globals, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/keepalive.py", line 366, in <module>
class HTTPResponse(httplib.HTTPResponse):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/demandimport.py", line 152, in __getattribute__
self._load()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/demandimport.py", line 100, in _load
mod = _hgextimport(_import, head, globals, locals, None, level)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mercurial/demandimport.py", line 53, in _hgextimport
return importfunc(name, globals, *args, **kwargs)
ValueError: bad marshal data (unknown type code)

Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by hmdrmch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3716 by hmdrmch
Replied by hmdrmch on topic YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi
When i try to install YACReaderLibraryServer on a clean install on Raspberry Pi 3 using latest Stretch i get the following error when I get to the "make" command:

g++ -c -pipe -O2 -std=gnu++11 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DSERVER_RELEASE -DNOMINMAX -DYACREADER_LIBRARY -DQT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -DNO_OPENGL -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/lib\" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DBINDIR=\"/usr/bin\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -I../YACReaderLibrary -I../common -I../YACReaderLibrary/server -I../YACReaderLibrary/db -I../YACReaderLibrary/server -I../YACReaderLibrary/server/lib/bfLogging -I../YACReaderLibrary/server/lib/bfHttpServer -I../YACReaderLibrary/server/lib/bfTemplateEngine -I../compressed_archive/unarr -I../QsLog -isystem /usr/include/poppler/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/poppler -isystem /usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5/QtSql -isystem /usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5/QtNetwork -isystem /usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5/QtCore -I. -I/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o library_creator.o ../YACReaderLibrary/library_creator.cpp
In file included from ../YACReaderLibrary/library_creator.cpp:15:0:
../compressed_archive/unarr/compressed_archive.h:7:19: fatal error: unarr.h: No such file or directory

^
compilation terminated.
Makefile:916: recipe for target 'library_creator.o' failed
make: *** [library_creator.o] Error 1

Any ideas how to get past this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3719 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi
That looks like a problem with the decompression backend. Are you building unarr as embedded source or as a shared library?

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3720 by hmdrmch
Replied by hmdrmch on topic YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi
To be honest, i’m not quite sure.
I am simply following the guide from this site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3722 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi
Ok I think I found the problem. The unarr detection for the embedded build is broken.

Open compressed_archive/unarr/unarr-wrapper.pri and replace this:
Code:
unix:!macx { !contains(QT_CONFIG, no-pkg-config):packagesExist(libunarr) { message(Using system provided unarr installation found by pkg-config.) CONFIG += link_pkgconfig PKGCONFIG += libunarr DEFINES += use_unarr } else:exists(/usr/include/unarr.h) { message(Using system provided unarr installation.) LIBS += -lunarr DEFINES += use_unarr } }

With this:
Code:
unix:!macx:!contains(QT_CONFIG, no-pkg-config):packagesExist(libunarr) { message(Using system provided unarr installation found by pkg-config.) CONFIG += link_pkgconfig PKGCONFIG += libunarr DEFINES += use_unarr } else:unix:!macx:exists(/usr/include/unarr.h) { message(Using system provided unarr installation.) LIBS += -lunarr DEFINES += use_unarr }

Save it, run "make distclean" to clean the old build files and restart the build at the point where you run qmake. If everything went right qmake should display a message that it found unarr.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!