- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
What can I do with headless server?
- luca.soldi
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
10 years 1 month ago #2502
by luca.soldi
What can I do with headless server? was created by luca.soldi
Hi all!
I'm planning to buy this application because I love the idea of a server when download and organize comics!
One question...I would install the server side in my nas without GUI...I see that there is the option with command line to add a comic in library..but how can I manage the library throw the headless server? Example tags from Comic Vine.
Thanks!!
I'm planning to buy this application because I love the idea of a server when download and organize comics!
One question...I would install the server side in my nas without GUI...I see that there is the option with command line to add a comic in library..but how can I manage the library throw the headless server? Example tags from Comic Vine.
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 1 month ago #2506
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic What can I do with headless server?
Basically what you can do is....create/update libraries and serving comics.
For all the other things you have YACReaderLibrary. Libraries are created in the comics destination folder, f.e. //MyNAS/MyComics So you can open that library using YACReaderLibraryServer and/or YACReaderLibrary.
My suggestion is to create libraries using YACReaderLibrary, with a wired connection (preferably USB if you NAS support it) and then use YACReaderLibraryServer for having your comics available 24/7 without the need of a PC/Mac.
For all the other things you have YACReaderLibrary. Libraries are created in the comics destination folder, f.e. //MyNAS/MyComics So you can open that library using YACReaderLibraryServer and/or YACReaderLibrary.
My suggestion is to create libraries using YACReaderLibrary, with a wired connection (preferably USB if you NAS support it) and then use YACReaderLibraryServer for having your comics available 24/7 without the need of a PC/Mac.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: luca.soldi
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- luca.soldi
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 1 month ago #2508
by luca.soldi
Replied by luca.soldi on topic What can I do with headless server?
Ok perfect, so I can copy the hidden file .yacreaderlibrary directly in Comic folder in the NAS?
Thanks man!
Thanks man!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 1 month ago #2510
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic What can I do with headless server?
You don't need to copy the folder. You only have to access to your MyComics folder in your NAS from different places: YACReaderLibrary (Desktop) and YACReaderLibraryServer (embedded).
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel