Help and support for Linux users.
Error opening the library - CIFS
- robson.sobral
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
9 years 11 months ago #2605
by robson.sobral
Error opening the library - CIFS was created by robson.sobral
Hi!
Some days ago, I added some comics to my library, update it and... No new files. I updated again and... No new files. Rebooted, update the library and... No new files. Last option, rebuild the library. Result? "Error opening the library". I checked the library database file and found it has size 0. Uninstall, reinstall, purge, reinstall... Nothing.
This happened after update to Ubuntu 16.10
The library is on a remote Synology NAS and it looks like the library has problems to write the library file, but not to create it.
CIFS options:
[...] cifs credentials=/home/FOO/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,rw,gid=FOO,uid=FOO,defaults 0 0
Some days ago, I added some comics to my library, update it and... No new files. I updated again and... No new files. Rebooted, update the library and... No new files. Last option, rebuild the library. Result? "Error opening the library". I checked the library database file and found it has size 0. Uninstall, reinstall, purge, reinstall... Nothing.
This happened after update to Ubuntu 16.10
The library is on a remote Synology NAS and it looks like the library has problems to write the library file, but not to create it.
CIFS options:
[...] cifs credentials=/home/FOO/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,rw,gid=FOO,uid=FOO,defaults 0 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #2606
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic Error opening the library - CIFS
FIXED!
Instead of default, sets: `,nounix,nobrl`
Full options:
cifs credentials=/home/FOO/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,rw,gid=1000,uid=1000,nounix,nobrl 0 0
Instead of default, sets: `,nounix,nobrl`
Full options:
cifs credentials=/home/FOO/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,rw,gid=1000,uid=1000,nounix,nobrl 0 0
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by robson.sobral.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JT105
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 8 months ago #2950
by JT105
Replied by JT105 on topic Error opening the library - CIFS
Hi Robson, any additional guidance for how you were able to fix this for your setup? I've recently upgraded to ubuntu 16.04, and YacReader initially scans NAS (Synology) drive, however once the scan completes Yacreader immediately returns a pop-up window "Error opening library". I am using the filepath: /run/user/1000/gvfs/{network drive}... not sure if this is correct but comics are scanning properly? Thanks for any guidance that you might offer
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #2953
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic Error opening the library - CIFS
As I said, what I did was to add `,nounix,nobrl` like in the sample I posted. Just that. Is like YACReader wasn't capable of write the library files.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by robson.sobral.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 8 months ago #2954
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Error opening the library - CIFS
Hi,
I see this kind of problem pop up every few months here in the forum. The database backend YACReader uses makes use of exclusive file access (aka "file locking"), which can lead to problems on a NAS. It's a very little documented problem that is not exclusive to YACReaderLibrary. To fix this, the mount options have to be changed. If I recall it correctly you have to add "nolock" to the options to make it work.
I see this kind of problem pop up every few months here in the forum. The database backend YACReader uses makes use of exclusive file access (aka "file locking"), which can lead to problems on a NAS. It's a very little documented problem that is not exclusive to YACReaderLibrary. To fix this, the mount options have to be changed. If I recall it correctly you have to add "nolock" to the options to make it work.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
9 years 8 months ago #2957
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic Error opening the library - CIFS
For me, was only `,nounix,nobrl`
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel