- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
Starting YACReaderLibraryServer with systemd
- carmat06
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #2612
by carmat06
Starting YACReaderLibraryServer with systemd was created by carmat06
I upgraded to Linux Mint 18 this week (based on Ubuntu 16.04) and re-setup my entire home server. This system uses systemd, and I wanted to use it to start YACReaderLibraryServer. The cron method posted by selmf was not sufficient for my purposes, because I needed to make sure that the ZFS shared directory with my library was mounted before YAC starts. The service file below seems to be working ok, so I thought I would ask for feedback and share what worked for me.
Code:
[Unit]
Description=YAC Reader server
After=network.target
AssertPathExists=/home/matt/mounts/ServerFolders/Comics
[Service]
User=matt
Restart=always
RestartSec=5
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/YACReaderLibraryServer start
TimeoutStopSec=20
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by carmat06.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 11 months ago #2613
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Starting YACReaderLibraryServer with systemd
Looks good to me. One thing you could consider to add is directory access restriction for increased security. If you keep all your comics in one place the server only needs access to that directory and /home/user/.local/share/YACReader to work.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carmat06
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel