- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for MacOSX users.
YACReader not registering as default app
- garyjgriffin
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
9 years 1 month ago #3261
by garyjgriffin
YACReader not registering as default app was created by garyjgriffin
Hello!
I have YACReader and YACReader library installed on my MacBook. Sierra 10.12.6. When double clicking on a cbz or cbr file it doesn't open yacreader. I have right clicked the file, chosen open with, and it has yacreader greyed out.
I have since then changed the default app for both CBZ and CBR files to yacreader and "Changed All". Now when I double click on a CBR or CBZ file, YACReader does open it. However, all my comic books show a blank page icon in finder. I would expect it to show the YACReader logo as the file icon, which helps me identify files easily.
I've looked in the plist.info and I'm not sure if the app registers as a default app for CBZ and CBR which I would love for it to, and I see where it sets the icon, and under the resources folder, I see the YACReader icon, but even after clearing the icon cache and restarting my Mac, it still showing the blank white page.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Gary
I have YACReader and YACReader library installed on my MacBook. Sierra 10.12.6. When double clicking on a cbz or cbr file it doesn't open yacreader. I have right clicked the file, chosen open with, and it has yacreader greyed out.
I have since then changed the default app for both CBZ and CBR files to yacreader and "Changed All". Now when I double click on a CBR or CBZ file, YACReader does open it. However, all my comic books show a blank page icon in finder. I would expect it to show the YACReader logo as the file icon, which helps me identify files easily.
I've looked in the plist.info and I'm not sure if the app registers as a default app for CBZ and CBR which I would love for it to, and I see where it sets the icon, and under the resources folder, I see the YACReader icon, but even after clearing the icon cache and restarting my Mac, it still showing the blank white page.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Gary
The following user(s) said Thank You: fruitblood
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
9 years 1 month ago #3277
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader not registering as default app
I will check this before the next release.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fruitblood
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 9 months ago #3500
by fruitblood
Replied by fruitblood on topic YACReader not registering as default app
Gary, how did you get to the "change all" point to register it as the default app when yacreader was greyed out for you? I'm having the same problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fruitblood
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 9 months ago #3501
by fruitblood
Replied by fruitblood on topic YACReader not registering as default app
How did you get yacreader to register at all as the default app -- even superficially when it was greyed out for you? I am having the same issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wender1
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 2 months ago #4163
by wender1
Replied by wender1 on topic YACReader not registering as default app
Hello Guys I was having the same trouble here, then i get to fix it... at least till the next release. Here it is how:
1- choose a CBR, CBZ, etc... then right click >GET INFO
2- on the OPEN WITH drop down list choose OTHER.
3- here is the trick, on this windows there is a drop down list below that reads ˜Recommended Applications˜, just change it to ˜ALL APPLICATIONS˜ and Voila, you can select the YACREADER to be your default app. You'll get a message saying that the system don't know if this application can handle that kind of file, but you already know it can, so agree and good reading.
Hope it helps until a real fix can come out.
1- choose a CBR, CBZ, etc... then right click >GET INFO
2- on the OPEN WITH drop down list choose OTHER.
3- here is the trick, on this windows there is a drop down list below that reads ˜Recommended Applications˜, just change it to ˜ALL APPLICATIONS˜ and Voila, you can select the YACREADER to be your default app. You'll get a message saying that the system don't know if this application can handle that kind of file, but you already know it can, so agree and good reading.
Hope it helps until a real fix can come out.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel