- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Move library file to a new path/location
- sentience
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 years 5 months ago #3871
by sentience
Move library file to a new path/location was created by sentience
My YACReader library is on an external drive, which I have just renamed. YACReaderLibrary is no longer able to find my library when I launch it.
Is there some way to update YACReaderLibrary’s configuration so that it can find the library at its new location? Will this work, or does the library itself store full paths that will no longer be correct?
Is there some other recommended way to move a library to a new location? E.g. are we supposed to Export Comics Info from the original library location and then create a brand new library at the new location to Import Comics Info into?
Is there some way to update YACReaderLibrary’s configuration so that it can find the library at its new location? Will this work, or does the library itself store full paths that will no longer be correct?
Is there some other recommended way to move a library to a new location? E.g. are we supposed to Export Comics Info from the original library location and then create a brand new library at the new location to Import Comics Info into?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 5 months ago #3872
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Move library file to a new path/location
Just use the add library button in the left side bar. If you don't have any library use the buttons in the "No libraries" screen you see.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: sentience
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sentience
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 5 months ago #3873
by sentience
Replied by sentience on topic Move library file to a new path/location
Thanks for the reply!
Do I understand correctly that if you add a library and YACReaderLibrary finds an existing library file in the directory that you add, it will restore the existing library with all its data intact?
(I don’t want to add the new path as a new library if that will cause all my previous library data to be overwritten with a new, blank library.)
Do I understand correctly that if you add a library and YACReaderLibrary finds an existing library file in the directory that you add, it will restore the existing library with all its data intact?
(I don’t want to add the new path as a new library if that will cause all my previous library data to be overwritten with a new, blank library.)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 5 months ago #3874
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Move library file to a new path/location
That's correct. If you try to create a library in a folder containing other library YACReaderLibrary will open the existing one.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: sentience
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Ringo
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 3 weeks ago #7859
by Ringo
Replied by Ringo on topic Move library file to a new path/location
Hi. Following up to this old question.
Like the original poster I'm trying to update the external storage device name. When creating new library it doesn't keep all the meta data that was scanned from Comic Vine. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks for the help.
Like the original poster I'm trying to update the external storage device name. When creating new library it doesn't keep all the meta data that was scanned from Comic Vine. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks for the help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel