Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Move library file to a new path/location

Move library file to a new path/location 5 years 11 months ago #3871

sentience

Fresh Boarder

My YACReader library is on an external drive, which I have just renamed. YACReaderLibrary is no longer able to find my library when I launch it.

Is there some way to update YACReaderLibrary’s configuration so that it can find the library at its new location? Will this work, or does the library itself store full paths that will no longer be correct?

Is there some other recommended way to move a library to a new location? E.g. are we supposed to Export Comics Info from the original library location and then create a brand new library at the new location to Import Comics Info into?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Move library file to a new path/location 5 years 11 months ago #3872

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Just use the add library button in the left side bar. If you don't have any library use the buttons in the "No libraries" screen you see.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: sentience

Move library file to a new path/location 5 years 11 months ago #3873

sentience

Fresh Boarder

Thanks for the reply!

Do I understand correctly that if you add a library and YACReaderLibrary finds an existing library file in the directory that you add, it will restore the existing library with all its data intact?

(I don’t want to add the new path as a new library if that will cause all my previous library data to be overwritten with a new, blank library.)

Move library file to a new path/location 5 years 11 months ago #3874

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

That's correct. If you try to create a library in a folder containing other library YACReaderLibrary will open the existing one.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: sentience

Move library file to a new path/location 7 months 2 days ago #7859

Ringo

Fresh Boarder

Hi. Following up to this old question.

Like the original poster I'm trying to update the external storage device name. When creating new library it doesn't keep all the meta data that was scanned from Comic Vine. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for the help.