Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

Bookmarks not saving properly

  • Juan_Apa
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #439 by Juan_Apa
Bookmarks not saving properly was created by Juan_Apa
Hello, I'm new on the forums and I've recently downloaded YACReader and YACReaderLibrary to my MacBook Pro running Mavericks 10.9.2.

The issue I have with YACReader is that it doesn't save my bookmarks properly, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. The way I discovered this "bug" is that, having created a Library with YACReaderLibrary, I would open a comic book and turn to a random page, then click the icon to save that page as a bookmark, next, I would verify it has been saved by clicking on the bookmarks icon for that comic book, showing me that it's the only bookmark for that comic book. Afterwards, I would close the comic book, closing YACReader as well, but then, after clicking and opening the same comic book from the YACReaderLibrary, I would notice there isn't any bookmark, and when I click on the bookmarks icon for that comic book it would show me that there isn't any bookmarks in that specific comic book.

As I said, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know if that is a bug and if there's a way to fix it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #440 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Bookmarks not saving properly
Hi Juan,

Welcome to the forum.

Please, check if the same thing is going on with this version: www.dropbox.com/s/2l2z91fzewzv145/YACRea...2%20MacOSX-Intel.dmg

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan_Apa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Juan_Apa
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #441 by Juan_Apa
Replied by Juan_Apa on topic Bookmarks not saving properly
Hello, thank you very much for answering, I've tried the version you posted before but unfortunately I'm getting the same "bug", my bookmarks are not saving and it doesn't even hold the last page read in my comic books.

Could it be something I'm missing, maybe a special library or my computer lacks of a special kind of software?
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Juan_Apa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Juan_Apa
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #442 by Juan_Apa
Replied by Juan_Apa on topic Bookmarks not saving properly
Ok, I tried to fix it using AppCleaner and erasing the app, then, I installed the version posted above. For a minute I thought it was working properly, I opened a few comic books and the last page was saving correctly and the bookmarks were saving too. But then, I closed both YACReader and YACReaderLibrary, and reopened them, but when I started using them I couldn't save my bookmarks anymore and the last page read wasn't saving either. What's wrong with my computer? :(
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Juan_Apa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #447 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Bookmarks not saving properly
Sorry for the late response.

I will check this problem on MacOSX and I will give you some feedback.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #453 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Bookmarks not saving properly
Hi,

I have been testing the bookmarks in MacOSX, and for me everything is working fine.

Are you closing YACReaderLibrary before you close YACReader? Since version 7.0, YACReader sends some information to YACReaderLibrary for storage purposes.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Juan_Apa
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
12 years 3 months ago #517 by Juan_Apa
Replied by Juan_Apa on topic Bookmarks not saving properly
I'm still having the same problem with bookmarks. Maybe I'm doing things the wrong way. What's the best way to save bookmarks and/or the last page opened?
For example, I'm still trying to save bookmarks, but it seems that, if I am at the bottom of the page, it won't save as the last page opened.

Thanks for the support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #518 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Bookmarks not saving properly
I have been doing more tests, and it seems that there is a bug in the YACReaderLibrary <-> YACReader communication in the OSX version. I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #519 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Bookmarks not saving properly
Please, check this alpha release of the 7.1.0 version:

www.dropbox.com/s/ea5b7kqvb28825i/YACRea...pha-MacOSX-Intel.dmg

let me know if the issue is gone :)

EDIT: Please, be careful, is an alpha release, so it could be really unstable.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Juan_Apa
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
12 years 3 months ago #524 by Juan_Apa
Replied by Juan_Apa on topic Bookmarks not saving properly
I have been testing it out and reading various comics and it's working quite well, and there haven't been any crashes.

Thanks for all the support and I'll be waiting for the final release.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!