Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Accessing YAC Library Server from the OSX App

Accessing YAC Library Server from the OSX App 4 years 2 months ago #5013

Black Cat Bones

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

I have set up the Library Server on my NAS and it work beautifully, but only from my ipad.

Is there a way to access the remote server from the desktop app (OsX)?

I can access my content with a NFS or a samba share but I would rather have as a single source of content. (and web based is better for me).

Have I missed something obvious in the OsX app ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Accessing YAC Library Server from the OSX App 4 years 1 month ago #5076

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Ooops, I totally missed this.

There are some post arround talking about this. Basically you have to share on your network the folder containing all your comics, then in macos mount it and use it as it was a local folder. You can open it using YACReaderLibrary and you'll all your library.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: merlino73

Accessing YAC Library Server from the OSX App 4 years 1 month ago #5078

Black Cat Bones

Fresh Boarder

Hi Luis,
No problem, thank you for taking the time of answering. :)

Accessing YAC Library Server from the OSX App 3 years 6 months ago #5436

merlino73

Fresh Boarder

Hi,
could be nice if we can connect to the library from remote as the ios app does.

Accessing YAC Library Server from the OSX App 2 years 4 months ago #6411

pht3k

Fresh Boarder

I know this is a pretty old topic but i second that fact that a remote access would be nice from osx just like we can do from an ios. This is such a nice piece of software. I have a linux server running smoothly. And the reader installed in ios devices for my children, which works perfectly. But for my part i wanted to access it from my laptop. I tried the method as suggested here. And i have an error saying the database were created with a different version. I guess it finds the info from the linux server and try to use it. The osx app ask me to update it but it gives me an error. And if i dont update it I just dont see anything. My guess is even if I manage to fix it, as soon as a new version is available on one end but not both i guess there will be compatibility issues. And anyway I am a bit afraid to break what works already fine... Thus i think the best way to manage it would be to access the database as the ios does. And maybe i am wrong but probably that the biggest difficulties already have been ruled out while implementing it on the ios. Thanks for your time !

Accessing YAC Library Server from the OSX App 2 years 4 months ago #6422

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

The problem is probably related to how the shared folder is mounted in your system, check the Linux section, there are some solutions there.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\