- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Accessing YAC Library Server from the OSX App
- Black Cat Bones
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 years 8 months ago #5013
by Black Cat Bones
Accessing YAC Library Server from the OSX App was created by Black Cat Bones
Hi,
I have set up the Library Server on my NAS and it work beautifully, but only from my ipad.
Is there a way to access the remote server from the desktop app (OsX)?
I can access my content with a NFS or a samba share but I would rather have as a single source of content. (and web based is better for me).
Have I missed something obvious in the OsX app ?
I have set up the Library Server on my NAS and it work beautifully, but only from my ipad.
Is there a way to access the remote server from the desktop app (OsX)?
I can access my content with a NFS or a samba share but I would rather have as a single source of content. (and web based is better for me).
Have I missed something obvious in the OsX app ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 6 months ago #5076
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Accessing YAC Library Server from the OSX App
Ooops, I totally missed this.
There are some post arround talking about this. Basically you have to share on your network the folder containing all your comics, then in macos mount it and use it as it was a local folder. You can open it using YACReaderLibrary and you'll all your library.
There are some post arround talking about this. Basically you have to share on your network the folder containing all your comics, then in macos mount it and use it as it was a local folder. You can open it using YACReaderLibrary and you'll all your library.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: merlino73
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Black Cat Bones
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 6 months ago #5078
by Black Cat Bones
Replied by Black Cat Bones on topic Accessing YAC Library Server from the OSX App
Hi Luis,
No problem, thank you for taking the time of answering.
No problem, thank you for taking the time of answering.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- merlino73
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 1 week ago #5436
by merlino73
Replied by merlino73 on topic Accessing YAC Library Server from the OSX App
Hi,
could be nice if we can connect to the library from remote as the ios app does.
could be nice if we can connect to the library from remote as the ios app does.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- pht3k
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
4 years 9 months ago #6411
by pht3k
Replied by pht3k on topic Accessing YAC Library Server from the OSX App
I know this is a pretty old topic but i second that fact that a remote access would be nice from osx just like we can do from an ios. This is such a nice piece of software. I have a linux server running smoothly. And the reader installed in ios devices for my children, which works perfectly. But for my part i wanted to access it from my laptop. I tried the method as suggested here. And i have an error saying the database were created with a different version. I guess it finds the info from the linux server and try to use it. The osx app ask me to update it but it gives me an error. And if i dont update it I just dont see anything. My guess is even if I manage to fix it, as soon as a new version is available on one end but not both i guess there will be compatibility issues. And anyway I am a bit afraid to break what works already fine... Thus i think the best way to manage it would be to access the database as the ios does. And maybe i am wrong but probably that the biggest difficulties already have been ruled out while implementing it on the ios. Thanks for your time !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 9 months ago #6422
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Accessing YAC Library Server from the OSX App
The problem is probably related to how the shared folder is mounted in your system, check the Linux section, there are some solutions there.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel