Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: iCloud Drive "Remove Download" support/workaround

iCloud Drive "Remove Download" support/workaround 3 years 11 months ago #5204

jd637

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I wanted to put in a feature request for the support of Apple's new "Remove Download" selective sync iCloud feature. With this useful new iCloud functionality we can manually offload files and folders to the cloud and download them again when needed. This poses a bit of a problem with YACReaderLibrary though. As expected, when you "update folder" it removes any comics for which it can no longer find the file, so anything that we've offloaded with the "Remove Download" iCloud feature disappears. If I download the file again, YACReaderLibrary picks right up where it left off, keeping reading position etc in tact, so that's great. However, I would like to still be able to see the issues in my Comic Flow even if I've offloaded them. Would that be possible? Maybe just add a little icon to signify that the file no longer exists so we can browse to it in Finder and "Download Now" with iCloud. Obviously it would be great if it would just download it automatically but I understand if that would not be possible and the "open containing folder" functionality is already there.

This could be an optional feature so those who don't use iCloud's Remove Download feature would still have the same experience when updating the library folder.

Hopefully this feature isn't already there and I'm just missing it (I'm using version 9.6.2.1909283), but if it is already possible somehow please let me know!

Thanks for hearing me out and thanks for a great product. :) :ok:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

iCloud Drive "Remove Download" support/workaround 3 years 11 months ago #5206

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

are any kind of placeholders for those files/folders in the disk after you remove them? YACReaderLibrary would need to detect those files to not remove them from the library after an update.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: jd637

iCloud Drive "Remove Download" support/workaround 3 years 11 months ago #5208

jd637

Fresh Boarder

Thanks for the quick reply. The files still show in Finder but I'm not too sure how that works behind the scenes. Here's an example screenshot. Issues 1-3 are downloaded and 4-6 are offloaded.

Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by jd637. Reason: typo

iCloud Drive "Remove Download" support/workaround 3 years 11 months ago #5209

jd637

Fresh Boarder

But maybe a short term solution would be to give us an option to disable YACReaderLibrary from automatically removing comics for which it does not find a file? And if we try to open it, maybe we're given a prompt that "file does not exist" with an "open in folder" link to its last known location? Just an idea.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by jd637. Reason: grammar