- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Format not supported error
- picadillyjim
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
5 years 11 months ago #5461
by picadillyjim
Format not supported error was created by picadillyjim
Hello,
I have a bunch of .cbr files, which I have been reading for several months ever since lockdown started.
As of yesterday, suddenly, Yacreader keeps saying "Format not supported" for these files, even for files which I have already read using this same software.
I have tried reinstalling both library and reader but to no avail.
Can anyone please help?
I don't think there is anything wrong with the files themselves, as proof of that, files which I have already opened and read, are not opening anymore.
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
YACReader - Yet Another Comic Reader - version 9.7.1.2009123
I have a bunch of .cbr files, which I have been reading for several months ever since lockdown started.
As of yesterday, suddenly, Yacreader keeps saying "Format not supported" for these files, even for files which I have already read using this same software.
I have tried reinstalling both library and reader but to no avail.
Can anyone please help?
I don't think there is anything wrong with the files themselves, as proof of that, files which I have already opened and read, are not opening anymore.
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
YACReader - Yet Another Comic Reader - version 9.7.1.2009123
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 11 months ago #5463
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Format not supported error
How are you opening them? from YACReaderLibrary or directly into the reader?
Could you copy one of those files to your Desktop and open it from there?
Could you copy one of those files to your Desktop and open it from there?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- picadillyjim
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 11 months ago #5465
by picadillyjim
Replied by picadillyjim on topic Format not supported error
I normally open them by double clicking on the book from the Yac Reader library.
I tried to open it directly from the folder by using File>Open options from the YacReader menu, I have attached a screenshot - the files are greyed out and it doesn't let me select them
I tried to open it directly from the folder by using File>Open options from the YacReader menu, I have attached a screenshot - the files are greyed out and it doesn't let me select them
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
5 years 11 months ago #5466
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Format not supported error
Try to narrow the problem further down. Can you still open any cbr files at all? Do cbz files work? PDF?
Did you install any updates before the problem started to happen?
Did you install any updates before the problem started to happen?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- picadillyjim
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 11 months ago #5473
by picadillyjim
Replied by picadillyjim on topic Format not supported error
I updated yac reader and library when prompted.
I only have .cbr files in my library.
Everyone has pdf files lying around, so I tried opening a pdf file and it does open.
Actually, it now opens all the files. I have no idea what caused the problem and what fixed it. Have had a few frustrating weeks, and it has suddenly fixed itself.
Thank you.
I only have .cbr files in my library.
Everyone has pdf files lying around, so I tried opening a pdf file and it does open.
Actually, it now opens all the files. I have no idea what caused the problem and what fixed it. Have had a few frustrating weeks, and it has suddenly fixed itself.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- picadillyjim
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 11 months ago #5477
by picadillyjim
Replied by picadillyjim on topic Format not supported error
it seems to have fixed itself, it is opening all files now. Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- vrontax
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 9 months ago #5655
by vrontax
Replied by vrontax on topic Format not supported error
Hi there, i have the same problem. I can open cbz files from desktop, but the same filew cannot open via macos folder. Any thoughts?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel