Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

Desktop YACReader w/ LAN YACReadLibraryServer

  • Anderson
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 5 months ago #5914 by Anderson
I may be misremembering, but I thought I used to be able to connect YACReaderLibrary running on my Macbook to the headless YACReaderLiberaryServer I have running in docker on my home server. I usually read my comics via the iOS app on an iPad, so I hadn't noticed this change, but a one of the people who used my docker image ran into this problem while trying to connect YACReaderLibrary running on a Windows Machine to their headless YACReaderLibraryServer docker container. I just wanted to check to make sure that I wasn't going crazy and and that this was indeed previously a feature. Cheers and thanks for all of your work with YACReader!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #5915 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Desktop YACReader w/ LAN YACReadLibraryServer
The server is for the iOS app. To use YACReaderLibrary with your home server just share the folder containing your library over your LAN and then mount it in your macbook, finaly use YACReaderLibrary to open the library.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!