Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

YACReaderlibrary server opens and closes on Mac OS

More
4 years 11 months ago #6343 by Ruiz
Hi !

i'm using Mac Mini Late 2012 Intel-based on Catalina 10.5.7. i did a security update last week and then my YacReaderLibrary just stopped working. i've uninstalled and reinstalled. and yes i've done the whole allow apps not from Mac Store to be opened on Security and Privacy Settings.

it opens, bounces, and then crashses. Help! i love this app so much and use it so frequently. Thanks so much in advance :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #6350 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReaderlibrary server opens and closes on Mac OS
The problem is that the latest version is probably not compatible with Catalina, you need to try with older versions of the app.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #6375 by noraa
I've just run into this same issue. I've been running the latest version of Yacreader Library (9.8.2) on my Mac Mini running the latest version of Catalina (10.15.7) just fine since the latest version of Yacreader was released. However, I just installed the latest security update for Catalina, and after the update and a reboot, Yacreader Library crashes immediately upon open.

Based on the post to try and older version, I first downgraded to 9.7 (which came out before Big Sur was officially released), and then all the way to 9.6.2, but am still having the same issue.

I even went so far as trashing all of the Yacreader preferences and changing the name of folder where my comics are stored. This forced Yacreader into asking me to create a new library, the minute I created a new library, it crashed on me again - and then wouldn't open again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #6378 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReaderlibrary server opens and closes on Mac OS

noraa wrote: I've just run into this same issue. I've been running the latest version of Yacreader Library (9.8.2) on my Mac Mini running the latest version of Catalina (10.15.7) just fine since the latest version of Yacreader was released. However, I just installed the latest security update for Catalina, and after the update and a reboot, Yacreader Library crashes immediately upon open.

Based on the post to try and older version, I first downgraded to 9.7 (which came out before Big Sur was officially released), and then all the way to 9.6.2, but am still having the same issue.

I even went so far as trashing all of the Yacreader preferences and changing the name of folder where my comics are stored. This forced Yacreader into asking me to create a new library, the minute I created a new library, it crashed on me again - and then wouldn't open again.


I wonder if you need to update the security settings for the app. If you go to System Settings -> Security after you try to open the app is there anything there about the app?

Also, try to clean the installation again, and the create a test library in your desktop to make sure that it is not a problem with the library path or location.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #6380 by noraa
There wasn't anything new in "Security & Privacy" that I noticed at least. With that being said, I manually added YACReaderLibrary to both "Full Disk Access" and "Accessibility" just in case. Sadly it didn't make any difference.

Unfortunately, at this point, I can't get YACReaderLibrary to open at all - even after I delete the various prefs and what not - so I can't test if a different library location would make a difference.

The frustrating part, I had been using the latest version of the Library (9.8.2) without issue until I installed the latest Catalina security update - macOS Catalina Security Update 2021-007 - which came out on Nov 17.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #6397 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReaderlibrary server opens and closes on Mac OS
I don't know what they changed in that last update but it really messed things up.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!