Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Yacreader Crashs when opened

Yacreader Crashs when opened 2 years 5 months ago #6354

Njazi

Fresh Boarder

Hello there !

I'm using a Mac Pro 13 Late 2012 Intel-based on Catalina 10.15.7. My YacReaderLibrary has just stopped working. i've uninstalled and reinstalled several times using different processes, i.e cask terminal command and dmg file. They all do the same, I open the application it bounces then crashes and nothing happens.

I really need assistance! i love this app and use it so frequently and there are many books I'm looking forward to reading. I attached my crash rep. Thank you a ton in advance.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Yacreader Crashs when opened 2 years 5 months ago #6361

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Try using one of the older versions, I am afraid that the latest version is not compatible with Catalina.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Njazi

Yacreader Crashs when opened 2 years 5 months ago #6369

noraa

Fresh Boarder

I've just run into this same issue. I've been running the latest version of Yacreader Library (9.8.2) on my Mac Mini running the latest version of Catalina (10.15.7) just fine since the latest version of Yacreader was released. However, I just installed the latest security update for Catalina, and after the update and a reboot, Yacreader Library crashes immediately upon open.

Based on the post to try and older version, I first downgraded to 9.7 (which came out before Big Sur was officially released), and then all the way to 9.6.2, but am still having the same issue.

I even went so far as trashing all of the Yacreader preferences and changing the name of folder where my comics are stored. This forced Yacreader into asking me to create a new library, the minute I created a new library, it crashed on me again - and then wouldn't open again.

Yacreader Crashs when opened 2 years 4 months ago #6385

Metallyon

Fresh Boarder

I have run into the same problem on my MacBook Pro running Catalonia, the reader will run, but the Library crushes when you try to open it. Any recommendations? I see you say try an older version, which one and where would I find it? Thank you for your time and get app.

Yacreader Crashs when opened 2 years 4 months ago #6395

Luis Ángel

Administrator

you can find previous versions here: github.com/YACReader/yacreader/releases

Just try one by one until it works.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Yacreader Crashs when opened 2 years 4 months ago #6413

rmnl

Fresh Boarder

I'm having the same issue and I've tried going back to version 9.5.0. That's the last available download on Github and dates back to 2018. All have the same issue. I made sure to remove all configuration and cache files (that I know of) between each version.

Does anyone have a solid workaround? I looked into running the YACReaderLibraryServer. I can get it to run (based on some other topics in this forum) but I'm having trouble finding documentation about how to configure it. How can I get e.g. multiple libraries served? Any pointer in the right direction so I can RTFM would be helpful.

Any solution for the root cause would be better because the Library Server makes living with the iOS app so much easier. Thanks for creating such an amazing suite of products.

Yacreader Crashs when opened 2 years 4 months ago #6421

Luis Ángel

Administrator

To be honest I don't know what is going on with this issue.

Did you try to remove the app settings?

Yacreader Crashs when opened 2 years 3 months ago #6465

Basilero

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hi all and happy new year!
I run the latest security update of Catalina (10.15.7) on my iMac (late 2012) and I can confirm that the latest devbuild of yacreader library (9.8.2.2112297) works just fine.
The only thing I have found strange is that it is not possible anymore to scroll through the covers with the mouse gesture, but you need to click on the next/previous cover.
At first I didn't even realise that the app had started because it doesn't open the GUI, but only the icon in the menubar.

Greetings.

Yacreader Crashs when opened 2 years 3 months ago #6472

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thanks for the feedback, I have to check that scrolling problem.

Yacreader Crashs when opened 2 years 3 months ago #6475

readreadread

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I can confirm that you need to be on the latest version of Catalina (macOS 10.15.7 (19H1615)) and for me the scrolling of covers works with a touchpad.
  • Page: