- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
YACreader with trackpad
- kevin.k
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
4 years 9 months ago #6477
by kevin.k
YACreader with trackpad was created by kevin.k
I tried many apps for reading CBR/CBZ.
Nothing is absolutely perfect within free-to-use range.
YACreader has very nice performance with rendering images quickly on Mac(M1, currently), so I like it.
No noticeable lagging with big files, thanks to you.
Just one problem, which is very big.
With a very slight trackpad touch, pages goes to next or previous.....
I am sure you know what I am talking about.
This behavior makes me crazy.
I saw this has been mentioned once, in this same forum, probably year 2019 or so.
So here's what I am suggesting:
- simply DISABLE <<page forward>> or <<page backward>> CAUSED BY <<trackpad gesture>>.
I can move to next page with a single stroke of arrow key, I just don't want to go forward and backward to read dialog bubbles which I missed.
If this could be fixed, YACreader would be my the only loved solution.
This is too much pain.
Tkx for reading,
Kevin
Nothing is absolutely perfect within free-to-use range.
YACreader has very nice performance with rendering images quickly on Mac(M1, currently), so I like it.
No noticeable lagging with big files, thanks to you.
Just one problem, which is very big.
With a very slight trackpad touch, pages goes to next or previous.....
I am sure you know what I am talking about.
This behavior makes me crazy.
I saw this has been mentioned once, in this same forum, probably year 2019 or so.
So here's what I am suggesting:
- simply DISABLE <<page forward>> or <<page backward>> CAUSED BY <<trackpad gesture>>.
I can move to next page with a single stroke of arrow key, I just don't want to go forward and backward to read dialog bubbles which I missed.
If this could be fixed, YACreader would be my the only loved solution.
This is too much pain.
Tkx for reading,
Kevin
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 8 months ago #6483
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACreader with trackpad
Yeah, I know the track pad is poorly handled in macos, this is mainly a problem in Qt itself, I opened a bug report years ago and it haven't been solved. I need to find time to work on my own implementation for handling it.
I will try to add some options to configure the page turning.
I will try to add some options to configure the page turning.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin.k
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 8 months ago #6507
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACreader with trackpad
I added some settings to control how scroll works in this build:
github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...es/tag/9.8.2.2201131
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel