- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Comic Vine
- Samurai
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 years 10 months ago #7258
by Samurai
Comic Vine was created by Samurai
Hello, I just purchased the app on iOS and downloaded on mac too, and I just wanted to ask when I download the comic info from Comic Vine on YACReaderLibrary why isn't filling out the title of the comic and I have to go and do it by myself manually?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 10 months ago #7259
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic Vine
Settings -> use metadata for titles when possible
YACReader sorts comics by file name, so it is what is shown by default. But it keeps the title internally so if you enable that setting it will work as you expect.
YACReader sorts comics by file name, so it is what is shown by default. But it keeps the title internally so if you enable that setting it will work as you expect.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Samurai
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Samurai
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 10 months ago #7260
by Samurai
Replied by Samurai on topic Comic Vine
by "enable" you mean just type it manually? or is there somewhere a setting to enable so it can auto-fill it when it grabs info?
Also, what is the ComicInfo.xml and what will happen if I turn it on?
Thank you for replying!
EDIT: I can't find the "Settings -> use metadata for titles when possible" anywhere. Unless it's that ComicInfo.XML thing that I need to turn on.
Also, what is the ComicInfo.xml and what will happen if I turn it on?
Thank you for replying!
EDIT: I can't find the "Settings -> use metadata for titles when possible" anywhere. Unless it's that ComicInfo.XML thing that I need to turn on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 10 months ago #7261
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic Vine
That setting is in the iOS app. Go to the Settings bottom tab, it is there…
If you don’t know about ComicInfo.xml the you won’t need it.
If you don’t know about ComicInfo.xml the you won’t need it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Samurai
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Samurai
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 10 months ago #7262
by Samurai
Replied by Samurai on topic Comic Vine
Thanks, so, I should just turn that on from over there and not Download tags from YACLibrary? Is it gonna sync back to the Mac app?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 10 months ago #7265
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic Vine
No, it doesn’t work that way. The tags always come from YACReaderLibrary, it is the iOS app deciding to use them or not for the title shown in the library.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Samurai
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel