- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Importing Metadata
- ksherman777
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 11 months ago #792
by ksherman777
Importing Metadata was created by ksherman777
So I just got a mac for the first time and switched over to this YAC from ComicRack. This is a great program btw. I was just wondering if someone could help me out with the metadata. So I had all of my comics tagged with the comicvine scraper using CR and I know you can do that here and have figured it out more or less. What I was wondering is if there is someway I could transfer whatever CR had to YAC more conveniently then having to go through each comic series and rescrape them all. I can't seem to figure out where the metadata in CR is stored, or if it is even possible to transfer it to YAC so that way I don't have to go through the whole process with thousands of comics. Can anyone help me out?
The following user(s) said Thank You: marstonstudio
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 11 months ago #822
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Importing Metadata
Hi ksherman777,
sorry for the late response. I didn't see this topic
In the current version there is no way for automatic transferring your metadata automatically. But the feature is already scheduled for future versions.
sorry for the late response. I didn't see this topic
In the current version there is no way for automatic transferring your metadata automatically. But the feature is already scheduled for future versions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- marstonstudio
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 7
11 years 9 months ago #924
by marstonstudio
Replied by marstonstudio on topic Importing Metadata
+1 for this
I've got a big stack of comics tagged with both CBI and CR tags, would love to be able to load them into Yaclibrary on my Mac and browse remotely from iOS. Not prepared to retag everything.
Would also be great to be able to search and browse the remote library based on all the metadata values instead of just the folder structure. Searching by character, artist, story arc, etc.
I've got a big stack of comics tagged with both CBI and CR tags, would love to be able to load them into Yaclibrary on my Mac and browse remotely from iOS. Not prepared to retag everything.
Would also be great to be able to search and browse the remote library based on all the metadata values instead of just the folder structure. Searching by character, artist, story arc, etc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Klimov
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 10 months ago #3464
by Klimov
Replied by Klimov on topic Importing Metadata
HI guys,
any updates?
the latest version of YACLibrary has the Import feature - but it doesn't recognize ComicRack DB xml
any updates?
the latest version of YACLibrary has the Import feature - but it doesn't recognize ComicRack DB xml
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Kinge
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 10 months ago #3466
by Kinge
Replied by Kinge on topic Importing Metadata
I agree. I don't know why I thought Yac read Comicvine's data cause I use it for library management and sorting.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 10 months ago #3469
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Importing Metadata
Sorry, no update yet. We support importing existing YACReader libraries but not any third party xml stuff. ComicVine can be used to add metadata, we have a builtin scraper, but you need to get an api key from the ComicsVine site and you should use the current 9.0 beta as the scraper has issues in 8.5.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kbinge
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- disolomon
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 11 months ago #4913
by disolomon
Replied by disolomon on topic Importing Metadata
Any updates on adding this?
Thanks.
**Sorry if this posted twice.
Thanks.
**Sorry if this posted twice.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
6 years 11 months ago #4914
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Importing Metadata
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel