Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Problem with cbr files.

Problem with cbr files. 9 months 1 week ago #7686

jsteweii

Fresh Boarder

Hi guys. So, I don't get this problem. What happens is that existing thumbnails in Finder doesn't display for newly added cbr files (all cbr files). Existing thumbnails show up fine. They show up as generic rar archives for the newly added ones.

What I've tried so far:
-remove Quicklook cache and total reset of Quicklook.
-remove any and all traces related to BetterZip, my unarchiver. This gives the default generic Mac rar archive thumbnail.
-of course made sure that YacReader is set as default application to open cbr.
-tried out different earlier versions of YacReader.
-installing Simplecomic for test of quicklook functionality and thumbnails are generated as they should.
-had the cbrs opend with BetterZip and compared the archives all seems good.
-converted from cbr to cbz, no dice and back again also no dice.
-removed BetterZips filehandling in regard to cbr and cbz.

So is this a problem with the new cbrs in relation to YacReader, is it Yacreader itself or something completely different?

Thanks in advance,

/johnny
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problem with cbr files. 9 months 1 week ago #7688

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

YACReader doesn’t provide thumbnails preview, so when you get them is other app doing it. Are you using YACReaderLibrary?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Problem with cbr files. 9 months 1 week ago #7689

jsteweii

Fresh Boarder

I'm not using it for my library, but I created a library to see if the covers would show up there and they did, no problem.

Problem with cbr files. 9 months 1 week ago #7690

jsteweii

Fresh Boarder

It feels like Quicklook is messing things up, because i can assign the cbrs to Calibre bookmanager for instance, and then the preview icon changes to calibres default preview icon. And as stated above if i remove BetterZip it gives me macOss default rar preview icon. The existing, working previews doesn't suffer under removal of BetterZip.