- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for MacOSX users.
How to synch macOs and iPadOs, in both directions
- quasi
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 years 1 month ago #7821
by quasi
How to synch macOs and iPadOs, in both directions was created by quasi
I've been traveling for a couple of months and haven't used my laptop. Then, for a couple of weeks, I couldn't use my iPad.
As a result, I have extra comics on my iPad and extra Comics on my MacBook.
Normally, I synch always from my laptop to my tablet by importing the comics through USB, just by dragging them in Finder > Ipad > Files > Yacreader. There, I can only see the folders, not the comics.
Is there a way to synch between both devices so that they both get updated with what they do not have?
As a result, I have extra comics on my iPad and extra Comics on my MacBook.
Normally, I synch always from my laptop to my tablet by importing the comics through USB, just by dragging them in Finder > Ipad > Files > Yacreader. There, I can only see the folders, not the comics.
Is there a way to synch between both devices so that they both get updated with what they do not have?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- quasi
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 2 months ago #8658
by quasi
Replied by quasi on topic How to synch macOs and iPadOs, in both directions
Summer is back, and I have the same issue.
Can I add this as a feature request? Atm, if I want to sync my iPad library to my MacBook's I need to backup on a third place (icloud, dropbox, google drive, etc.), then copy manually the comics I'm missing and eventually, erase that backup.
With iPads become every time more and more capable devices, I would like to see the possibility to sync the iPads library to that of the MacBook.
Thank you!
Can I add this as a feature request? Atm, if I want to sync my iPad library to my MacBook's I need to backup on a third place (icloud, dropbox, google drive, etc.), then copy manually the comics I'm missing and eventually, erase that backup.
With iPads become every time more and more capable devices, I would like to see the possibility to sync the iPads library to that of the MacBook.
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 2 months ago #8659
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How to synch macOs and iPadOs, in both directions
Sorry for not responding to your first post. I will think about adding an option to the backup functionality (Settings -> Backup) to send comics directly to YACReaderLibrary.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: quasi
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- quasi
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 2 months ago #8662
by quasi
Replied by quasi on topic How to synch macOs and iPadOs, in both directions
Thank you! That would be very helpful. Also, I was thinking, to be able to backup on a drive connected to the laptop, with the iPad connected through usb, could also do the trick. But, that's probable more difficult to implement, right?
PS: How come you, of all people, have a negative karma? Shouldn't you have like one zillion karma point?
PS: How come you, of all people, have a negative karma? Shouldn't you have like one zillion karma point?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- quasi
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 2 months ago #8663
by quasi
Replied by quasi on topic How to synch macOs and iPadOs, in both directions
Also, I've noticed that when using the backup option this time, it's not backing up all comics.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 2 months ago #8667
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How to synch macOs and iPadOs, in both directions
You can actually do a back up to an external drive, just connect the drive and then select it as the destination in the backup screen.
I didn’t notice the negative karma, I don’t know what happened…
Messages need to be validated before they are visible to reduce spam, that’s why you were seeing an error.
I didn’t notice the negative karma, I don’t know what happened…
Messages need to be validated before they are visible to reduce spam, that’s why you were seeing an error.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: quasi
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel