Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

YACReaderLibrary crashes immediately on opening

  • bezajel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #7852 by bezajel
YACReaderLibrary has started to crash (quit unexpectedly) immediately on trying to open it.

I'm running MacOS 10.15.7 (Catalina) on a 2012 MacBook Air. This had been working perfectly with YACReaderLibrary 9.13.1 for some time, until yesterday.

I've tried reinstalling 9.13.1 (both Qt6 and Qt5), with no improvement. I then installed 9.13.0, which would open, and rebuilt my comic library. However on restarting my laptop today, that will not open either.

The only thing I can think of is that I've been restarting my laptop a lot in the past couple days - generally I restart rarely. It's possible the problem started after my first restart since storing my comic collection on my hard drive rather than an external drive (external drive failed so I'm rebuilding collection from scratch).

Any help I can get would be appreciated. Ultimately I'll be moving YACReaserLibrary to a server, but until then, this is causing a major issue!

Problem report is long, but here are some bits that look relevant?:

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000008
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [1154]

VM Regions Near 0x8:
-->
__TEXT 0000000108067000-0000000108307000 [ 2688K] r-x/r-x SM=COW /Applications/YACReaderLibrary.app/Contents/MacOS/YACReaderLibrary


[...]

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (64-bit):
rax: 0x0000000000000000 rbx: 0x0000600001bb8b60 rcx: 0x0000000000008069 rdx: 0x0000000000000de1
rdi: 0x0000000000000000 rsi: 0x0000000000000000 rbp: 0x00007ffee7b93c60 rsp: 0x00007ffee7b93c40
r8: 0x0000000000002335 r9: 0x000000000000001f r10: 0x00007f8c9ee00000 r11: 0x0000000000000000
r12: 0x0000000000000001 r13: 0x00007f8c9b62d538 r14: 0x0000000000002601 r15: 0x0000000000002601
rip: 0x00000001090eb9c3 rfl: 0x0000000000010206 cr2: 0x0000000000000008

Logical CPU: 2
Error Code: 0x00000004 (no mapping for user data read)
Trap Number: 14

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #7853 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReaderLibrary crashes immediately on opening
in your home folder there is this Library/Preferences/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary rename it to YACReaderLibrary.bak and start the app, does it crash?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bezajel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #7854 by bezajel
There is actually no folder for YACReader within Library/Preferences at all (either in the main Library or in user Library folders).

The only YACReader folder is at:

/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/YACReader

This has a YACReaderLibrary folder, which has a YACReaderLibrary.ini in it if that's what I'm looking for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #7855 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReaderLibrary crashes immediately on opening
yeah, that one

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bezajel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #7856 by bezajel
When I change the .ini file to a .bak file, YACReaderLibrary opens, but says I don't have any libraries yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #7857 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReaderLibrary crashes immediately on opening
Import the one you already have created before.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: bezajel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bezajel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #7858 by bezajel
This seems to have fixed it. I was able to import my library, my reading progress was still intact amazingly. I have restarted my computer and I am still able to open it. Hopefully this will hold!

Thank you so much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #7860 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReaderLibrary crashes immediately on opening
If you have the old .ini file, please, send it to me so I can check why the crash happened.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!