- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 2
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Comic Vine Scraper
- phunetik
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
11 years 10 months ago #868
by phunetik
Comic Vine Scraper was created by phunetik
Is it just me, or is it painful to batch tag more than 100 files?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 10 months ago #873
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic Vine Scraper
How are you scraping them?
If they are part of the same volume you can select them all and scrap their information at once....
If they are part of the same volume you can select them all and scrap their information at once....
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- phunetik
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 2
11 years 10 months ago #900
by phunetik
Replied by phunetik on topic Comic Vine Scraper
Doing that... but for volumes over 100 issues, it can't be all done at once, at least I can't see how. Hopefully the scraper gets better, as it is one of the best features of this great app.
Also, there needs to be a better way to reorganize the comics in the scraper... those three little lines don't do a whole lot.
Also, there needs to be a better way to reorganize the comics in the scraper... those three little lines don't do a whole lot.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #901
by Luis Ángel
What is the exact reason for this? You only need to select the right volume, if your comics are already sorted everything is going to match well (4 or 5 clicks in the Comic Vine dialog).
As you can see in the title of the Comic Vine dialog, this feature still being a beta so there is a lot of room for improvements. Any feedback and suggestions are really appreciated.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic Vine Scraper
phunetik wrote: for volumes over 100 issues, it can't be all done at once
What is the exact reason for this? You only need to select the right volume, if your comics are already sorted everything is going to match well (4 or 5 clicks in the Comic Vine dialog).
As you can see in the title of the Comic Vine dialog, this feature still being a beta so there is a lot of room for improvements. Any feedback and suggestions are really appreciated.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ksherman777
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 10 months ago #902
by ksherman777
Replied by ksherman777 on topic Comic Vine Scraper
So the experience I have had is that it will only tag 100 comics as well. The first page only features 100 issues of whatever series you selected and won't tag the rest so you have to go in 100 increments. It would be good if you didn't have to have multiple pages when tagging but just one long list of everything you selected. Also I feel it would be helpful if you could just drag and drop to move the selected issues around instead of clicking those lines. Thanks for being so responsive with all of this!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 10 months ago #903
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic Vine Scraper
I finally was able to reproduce your issue. You are right, the final step should retrieve as many comics as possible. I will work on it...
Thanks for the feedback
Thanks for the feedback
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- phunetik
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 2
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #909
by phunetik
Replied by phunetik on topic Comic Vine Scraper
He is much better at articulating the issue... so yeah, what he said... 
Thank you!
So... I have really been getting into tagging my comics using YACLibrary's Beta comic vine scraper, and I have a few more suggestions:
1. Tagging a group of comics should be easier... ok, so what does that mean? Well, it is easy enough if you have an entire group to tag (Lets say Batman #1-20). Too easy. Make sure they are in the right order, go in, find the right series, make sure they line up and run. But, lets say you want to do #21-25... well, you either have to do them individually, or do #1-25 (with 1-20 already tagged). The way it is set up now, if you want to bulk tag, you have to have every single comic in the comic vine database for that series, in the same exact order. Again, this is fine for the initial tagging, but not for additions to a collection. To me, this is a must for YAC Scraper, as the best part about YAC Library (to me) is that as a collection grows, you just have to refresh the library and boom, they are all there.
Not sure if that makes sense. Please let me know if you need me to clarify.
2. Batch Scraping Parameters... By this I mean that when you go to tag multiple comics at once, there should be a feature that allows you set the series title you are searching for right away. As is, you select - lets say - 50 comics, and you choose to download tags from comic vine. Well, if the search does not find what you are looking for (and it rarely does for me) then I have to select "back" type in the title and then go. Not a huge deal, but when you have thousands of comics it is just one more unnecessary step... Why not just be able to set the series title you are searching for from the beginning.
Have you used comictagger? It is a mac app that tags comics and works great. Check out how it works, and maybe try to include some of that stuff...
Please don't think I am just bitching. I love YAC Library and reader. I was using a few different apps before and dropped them all to come over here. I would just like to see it get better.
-Chris
Thank you!
So... I have really been getting into tagging my comics using YACLibrary's Beta comic vine scraper, and I have a few more suggestions:
1. Tagging a group of comics should be easier... ok, so what does that mean? Well, it is easy enough if you have an entire group to tag (Lets say Batman #1-20). Too easy. Make sure they are in the right order, go in, find the right series, make sure they line up and run. But, lets say you want to do #21-25... well, you either have to do them individually, or do #1-25 (with 1-20 already tagged). The way it is set up now, if you want to bulk tag, you have to have every single comic in the comic vine database for that series, in the same exact order. Again, this is fine for the initial tagging, but not for additions to a collection. To me, this is a must for YAC Scraper, as the best part about YAC Library (to me) is that as a collection grows, you just have to refresh the library and boom, they are all there.
Not sure if that makes sense. Please let me know if you need me to clarify.
2. Batch Scraping Parameters... By this I mean that when you go to tag multiple comics at once, there should be a feature that allows you set the series title you are searching for right away. As is, you select - lets say - 50 comics, and you choose to download tags from comic vine. Well, if the search does not find what you are looking for (and it rarely does for me) then I have to select "back" type in the title and then go. Not a huge deal, but when you have thousands of comics it is just one more unnecessary step... Why not just be able to set the series title you are searching for from the beginning.
Have you used comictagger? It is a mac app that tags comics and works great. Check out how it works, and maybe try to include some of that stuff...
Please don't think I am just bitching. I love YAC Library and reader. I was using a few different apps before and dropped them all to come over here. I would just like to see it get better.
-Chris
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by phunetik.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- markc1975
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #925
by markc1975
Replied by markc1975 on topic Comic Vine Scraper
Hello,
Just another point about the Comic Vine Scraper.
It is difficult to scrape a series when there is a missing issue or two. For example, I had issues 1-14, then issue 15 was missing, then I had 16-22, then 23 was missing, and i had the rest of the issues.
I couldn't see a way to line the issues up in the scraper window, and insert a 'gap' where I had the missing issues.
I have moved from Comicrack on my PC to this, and I am in the process of re-organising my entire collection, so this would be a neat feature.
I love the reader on my iPad too... well done!
Just another point about the Comic Vine Scraper.
It is difficult to scrape a series when there is a missing issue or two. For example, I had issues 1-14, then issue 15 was missing, then I had 16-22, then 23 was missing, and i had the rest of the issues.
I couldn't see a way to line the issues up in the scraper window, and insert a 'gap' where I had the missing issues.
I have moved from Comicrack on my PC to this, and I am in the process of re-organising my entire collection, so this would be a neat feature.
I love the reader on my iPad too... well done!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 9 months ago #926
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic Vine Scraper
Thank you very much for all your feedback about the Comic Vine scraper. All this info will help me a lot for improving it.
Thanks for purchasing the iOS version
I hope you will enjoy it.
Thanks for purchasing the iOS version
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jwt0001
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #1008
by jwt0001
Replied by jwt0001 on topic Comic Vine Scraper
I am just beginning to scrape my collection and it is going well. However, I ran into a problem where Comic Vine shows an extra issue for a series. Therefore, there doesn't seem to be a way to line up the comics if I try to do a batch scrape. It seems that the only way I can do it is issue-by-issue.
If there's a way to do this and I'm missing it, I'd love a suggestion.
I really appreciate the software as it is making it easier to keep my collection organized and readable!
Thanks!
If there's a way to do this and I'm missing it, I'd love a suggestion.
I really appreciate the software as it is making it easier to keep my collection organized and readable!
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel