- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Reduce Trackpad Momentum
- silvershot
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 8 months ago #8134
by silvershot
Reduce Trackpad Momentum was created by silvershot
Hi! I just discovered this great app and I'm really enjoying it so far. The Library is great, and I finally have a sense of organization to my collection.
One thing I have noticed is that when using the trackpad to scroll up and down on a zoomed page, there is a momentum effect (I don't know if that's the correct term). Basically, when I scroll down the page, the scroll builds momentum and scrolls faster and further the more I move my fingers. When I get to the part of the page where I want to stop, I stop moving my fingers, but the page continues to scroll - almost as though it has built up speed and momentum.
Is there a way to turn off or remove this behavior, so that as soon as I stop scrolling, the page stops moving, similare to when scrolling on a website or in other apps?
Best,
silvershot
One thing I have noticed is that when using the trackpad to scroll up and down on a zoomed page, there is a momentum effect (I don't know if that's the correct term). Basically, when I scroll down the page, the scroll builds momentum and scrolls faster and further the more I move my fingers. When I get to the part of the page where I want to stop, I stop moving my fingers, but the page continues to scroll - almost as though it has built up speed and momentum.
Is there a way to turn off or remove this behavior, so that as soon as I stop scrolling, the page stops moving, similare to when scrolling on a website or in other apps?
Best,
silvershot
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 8 months ago #8137
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Reduce Trackpad Momentum
Hi,
there is a new setting in 9.14.1 (it is in testing phase) that can disable momentum, "Disable scroll animations and smooth scrolling". I think it will help. You can wait until it gets released or you can try it using one of the dev builds you can find here: github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-builds/releases
Best regards.
there is a new setting in 9.14.1 (it is in testing phase) that can disable momentum, "Disable scroll animations and smooth scrolling". I think it will help. You can wait until it gets released or you can try it using one of the dev builds you can find here: github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-builds/releases
Best regards.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- silvershot
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 8 months ago #8138
by silvershot
Replied by silvershot on topic Reduce Trackpad Momentum
That's great! I just downloaded the latet dev build and appreciate the feature.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel