Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Reduce Trackpad Momentum

Reduce Trackpad Momentum 2 months 3 weeks ago #8134

silvershot

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hi! I just discovered this great app and I'm really enjoying it so far. The Library is great, and I finally have a sense of organization to my collection.

One thing I have noticed is that when using the trackpad to scroll up and down on a zoomed page, there is a momentum effect (I don't know if that's the correct term). Basically, when I scroll down the page, the scroll builds momentum and scrolls faster and further the more I move my fingers. When I get to the part of the page where I want to stop, I stop moving my fingers, but the page continues to scroll - almost as though it has built up speed and momentum.

Is there a way to turn off or remove this behavior, so that as soon as I stop scrolling, the page stops moving, similare to when scrolling on a website or in other apps?

Best,
silvershot
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reduce Trackpad Momentum 2 months 3 weeks ago #8137

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Hi,

there is a new setting in 9.14.1 (it is in testing phase) that can disable momentum, "Disable scroll animations and smooth scrolling". I think it will help. You can wait until it gets released or you can try it using one of the dev builds you can find here: github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-builds/releases

Best regards.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Reduce Trackpad Momentum 2 months 3 weeks ago #8138

silvershot

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

That's great! I just downloaded the latet dev build and appreciate the feature.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel