- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for MacOSX users.
YACReader Library Crashes after downloading tags
- prmpgomes
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 6 months ago #8348
by prmpgomes
YACReader Library Crashes after downloading tags was created by prmpgomes
On mac, using version 9.14.2.2402143 whenever I download tags from comic vine the app crashes.
The tags are correctly written when I reopen the app.
This behaviour did not occur previously (before the new version).
The tags are correctly written when I reopen the app.
This behaviour did not occur previously (before the new version).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 6 months ago #8349
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Library Crashes after downloading tags
What version of macos are you using?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 6 months ago #8350
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Library Crashes after downloading tags
I am testing it and I can't replicate it, let me know if it happens all the time or only with some specific content.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- prmpgomes
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 5 months ago #8363
by prmpgomes
Replied by prmpgomes on topic YACReader Library Crashes after downloading tags
I am using macOS Sonoma 14.3.1 on a Apple M2 MacBook Pro
And it happens on every execution, it's not random or sporadic.
Let me know if there are any logs I can share.
And it happens on every execution, it's not random or sporadic.
Let me know if there are any logs I can share.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- chuckmonkey
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 5 months ago #8369
by chuckmonkey
Replied by chuckmonkey on topic YACReader Library Crashes after downloading tags
I am also experiencing the same issue using 9.14.2.2402143 on my Macbook Pro running Monterey 12.7.4. It is happening every time I download tags. I am also getting random crashes when updating a folder or the entire library.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 5 months ago #8370
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Library Crashes after downloading tags
I couldn’t replicate the problem yet. Where do you have your library stored? Can you guys create a small test library in your desktop and check if it crashes there?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- prmpgomes
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 5 months ago #8372
by prmpgomes
Replied by prmpgomes on topic YACReader Library Crashes after downloading tags
Just tested with a library on the desktop and it did not crash.
My comics are stored in a network folder (Synology), can that have an impact?
I've gone and changed the shared folder permissions to be more permissive (gave everyone read/write access) but the crash still occurred.
My comics are stored in a network folder (Synology), can that have an impact?
I've gone and changed the shared folder permissions to be more permissive (gave everyone read/write access) but the crash still occurred.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 5 months ago #8375
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Library Crashes after downloading tags
Is not the permissions, it is how the folder is mounted on your system. YACReaderLibrary needs to be able to create a lock file for the database to write on it, the problem is that the network protocol you are using could be preventing that from happening. What are you using? Samba? If so you need to mount it with the -nolock option
www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/370-sql-issues-on-nas
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- prmpgomes
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 5 months ago #8376
by prmpgomes
Replied by prmpgomes on topic YACReader Library Crashes after downloading tags
Thank you for the feedback.
I can surely try to troubleshoot it and check for the -nolock option (not sure if it can be done on Synology)
But has anything changes on the new version regarding this? Because in prior versions (and I've been using it for a long time) the same setup did not cause a crash.
I can surely try to troubleshoot it and check for the -nolock option (not sure if it can be done on Synology)
But has anything changes on the new version regarding this? Because in prior versions (and I've been using it for a long time) the same setup did not cause a crash.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 5 months ago #8377
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Library Crashes after downloading tags
No, no changes, the app should fail to write without a crash. The mount option has to be added in macos.
Latest version needs to apply some changes to the db, maybe there is a bug in the error handling.
Latest version needs to apply some changes to the db, maybe there is a bug in the error handling.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel